headers info for '03 mustang gt

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  headers info for '03 mustang gt

whats the difference between shorty headers and long tube headers performance-wise? if i stick with shortys, do i need to get a new X or H pipe?

posted by  stangthis03

Well now, because you didn't specify actual dimensions we'll have to talk very generally. Generally speaking you'll probably see more torque with a shorty and more hp with the long tube.

The shorties are a bolt in, the long tubes will require fabrication. Also while most shorties are CARB legal I don't know of any longs that are.

And you didn't ask but I really like the BBK equal length shorties.

posted by  vwhobo

i heard those are great headers, but i couldnt find any for '03's. i found some 1 1/2" macs. know anything about those? the main thing im concerned with is i dont want to have to buy a new H-pipe. i plan on welding some series 40 flowmasters on to the current stock 2 5/8" h-pipe, i dont want to have to cut them off and re-weld them back onto a new h-pipe.

posted by  stangthis03

I've used MAC's before and have found them to be well made, BBK is just a preference after many installs. I haven't hung any (of any brand) on an '03 but I'm sure it's a good product.

posted by  vwhobo

thanks for the info, ill keep looking for the BBK's

posted by  stangthis03

Your Message