93 taurus 3.0 key stuck

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  93 taurus 3.0 key stuck

Key is stuck in the ignition anything i can spray in there to get it out? any ideas i cant turn the car off and the electronics (radio lights etc) but the key wont come out my caviler used to do this until you locked the steering wheel but this one doesnt seem to lock.. :smoke:

posted by  93TaurusOwner

-=Bump=- plz help before someone steals it LOL wait its a ford I should be safe.... :banghead: why did I buy a ford

posted by  93TaurusOwner

Slow down dude and use sentences. It helps us understand what the heck your trying to say. Read that second string of text (after the ? ) and tell me if that is indeed what you wanted to say.

Anyway, try wiggling the key as you try to get it out. Make sure your in the off position. (not the on position, or the accessory position) If it won't come out then you will have to either :
A) take the whole car to a locksmith and see if he can get the key out without removing the cylinder
B) remove the lock cylinder and take it in to a locksmith

In the mean time, you could always disconnect the battery.

posted by  theman352001

thanks meant to say can turn the car off rofl sorry.. well it came out just had to give it a little muscle ... whatever works hope it doesnt get stuck again :thumbs: :screwy:

posted by  93TaurusOwner

Your Message