Turbo installation

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Turbo installation

ok, i'm new to the whole, mod-a-car thing...a friend of my brother's just bought a new turbo for his car. He has an Eagle Talon, but im not sure about the year...My question is, would it be possible to install his old turbo onto my 93 honda civic?

posted by  Tooyoung225

yep, you just need a bunch of new stuff for your civic

posted by  mazda6man

like what??? would it be worth the time and money to do that rather than buy a new turbo kit made for my car?

posted by  Tooyoung225

i dont think the exhaust manafolds will line up correctly....but im not 100% sure...

posted by  99hatch

It is possible you would save some money but now how reliable will that turbo be?..personally i would just get a new kit for my car and install it myslef..that way everything is tested to work for youre vechicle and for pretty much the life of youre engine...its a little safter/easier that way...

posted by  99hatch

I already thought about that, and the guy is really trust worthy, and takes really good care of his stuff, he also offered to rebuild it for me.

posted by  Tooyoung225

sorry dude I meant to say how reliable would building youre own turbo KIT be?..Im not talking about the turbo itslef...my bad

posted by  99hatch

Some engine specs would be nice.

posted by  Wally

yeah...i should've been more descriptive too...i am only getting the turbo from him...and i have another friend who is gunna help me build my own kit...so i guess pretty reliable.....i just would like some tips on building it........
the car is a 93 civic DX, and it has a 4-cyl. 1.5 liter engine...and a 4 spd auto tranny, but i plan on swaping it out with a 5 spd manual.

posted by  Tooyoung225

Homemadeturbo.com....i dont think they have you're engine but they have some homemade turbos for the d16y7 106hp and d16y8 127hp

posted by  99hatch

i have a D15b in it now....what wuold u sugest?? i can't find much info online.

posted by  Tooyoung225

Your Message