1998 Altima Speaker Question

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1998 Altima Speaker Question

The guy at Best Buy told me 6-1/2, and another website said 6-1/2, but Cardomain and another site are saying 7", anyone know the factory speaker sizes for a 98 Altima?

posted by  ThirdeYe

Its called oversized 6 1/2" and factory speakers are not always an actual size. there cheaply made for that vehicle. but they are whats called an oversized 61/2. the pioneer premier t160 work great!!

posted by  klnshavn

If Crutchfield says it, I believe it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hU2uQnYl8qM/cgi-bin/autoinfo/Speakers.asp?s=0& id=10874&cc=01

Oversized 6 1/2", huh? Otherwise known as 6 3/4" to those who know how to use a tape measure. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

you are so on my ass today... every audio shop i know of calls em over sized 61/2's and No, i just meased mine and they are not 6 3/4, just a little off. :badrazz:

posted by  klnshavn

Haha.

They are 6 1/2", or I should say 6 1/2" will fit in the side panels(Just changed the coax's on my friends fathers 98 Altima) . I've never seen a stock 7" speaker. I suppose its possible to have 7" coaxials but they would probably have to be custom made or offered as some sort of wierd option :screwy: .

posted by  DSMer

So 6-1/2's will work without paying for an extra bracket or such?

posted by  ThirdeYe

Okay, you're right. Every audio shop on earth except the one's you frequent call them 6 3/4" speakers, so... Everyone else is wrong and the Boise buttf*ckers have all figured out. Good on ya. Maybe you should call Crutchfield and tell them they're wrong too. Oh yeah, don't forget to call Kenwood, Rockford Fosgate, Polk Audio, Alpine, MB Quart and no doubt several other manufacturers. You sir are an idiot. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

I've found these two:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18799&item=574313192 7&rd=1

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCFRC4206U

Which one do you guys think is best? At the price for the Audiobahns, I could afford to replace all 4, but I don't know if that's any good.

posted by  ThirdeYe

Best or best value? If you're looking for best you're not even close. And are you shopping for 6 1/2" or 6 3/4" which is the correct size? Hmmm.

posted by  vwhobo

Not necessarily the best, i'm on a small budget here. I just gotta know if 6-1/2"'s will fit in my car without paying too much to get extra brackets and whatnot.

posted by  ThirdeYe

I went ahead and ordered 6-1/2" Pioneers for the front, and 6-1/2" Audiobahns for the back... *crosses fingers*. You'd think someone would know definitively the size of 98 Altima speakers, oh well :) Best Buy told me 6-1/2", so i'm going with that.

posted by  ThirdeYe

6 1/2" for the back? I surley hope you are'nt talking about the speakers in the back, in the trunk because those are 6x9's.

posted by  DSMer

Holy freakin' crap. It takes a 6 3/4" speaker front and rear. I provided you with a link and everything. Trying to install the speakers you bought isn't going to work so well. You'll only be able to catch two screws, or three if you're lucky. If you didn't want to take advice, why did you ask the question?

posted by  vwhobo

My brother has a 1998 Nissan Altima GXE and he's just upgraded the speakers and they are 6 1/2" front AND back. He got pioneer speakers at both ends

posted by  RusMan

They are 6 3/4 speakers. Why a lot and most of the audio shops refer to them as oversized 6 1/2? No Freakin Clue. :screwy:

posted by  lectroid

Damn dude did i screw your wife and wipe it off on your pillow?.. i said ther called oversized 6 1/2's. and i own some. they measure out at a little over 6 1/2 hence the name..... so crawl back in your hole.... :fu:

posted by  klnshavn

It's okay. This is a free country and you're allowed to be a dumb ass. You should give thanks everyday to the thousands of men who have died through history so you could be proud to be called "dumb f*ck". :thumbs:

posted by  vwhobo

I've heard so many different things that I wanted to make sure someone was positive. I've heard 6-1/2" from about 5 different sources now, more than any other recommendation, so i'm going with that :-/

posted by  ThirdeYe

And also, when I went to crutchfield and entered my car, it says 6-1/2"s will fit, along with 6-3/4"s and 5-1/4"s. It simply says 6-3/4"s are the "best pick". I'm pretty sure that the Best Buy person wouldn't lie to me, along with numerous other websites...

posted by  ThirdeYe

:stupid: :stupid:
DOnt even bring them into this.... i doubt you even truelly comprehend what it all stands for. This wil be my last Post against you. I travelled thru most of the Posts you ever made. It was funny at first until it just came to me that you are just a sorry excuse of a walking Vagina. Most of the posts i looked at were just insults. Its sad.. I cant understand why you would log on to a sight that was designed to help people and DIS every one you come into contact with. YOu need to re-evaluate why you are here. Yes people may be wrong, they may not make since but its your job to lead them the right way and find a proplem. This sight has been helpful to me, none of it thanx to you. Take your querels to yahoo chat not a post it board. Even all the "dumb ****s" as you say are above you...

posted by  klnshavn

Good for you man. Most places except this one wont lead you astray. So do they sound good?

posted by  klnshavn

The reason none of my posts have been helpful to you is because you aren't smart enough to use the information I've provided as intended. You are the one so clueless that you continue to call a 6 3/4" speaker and "oversize 6 1/2". You are truly a moron. Further proof of such is right here.

So you agree with me that Crutchfield is the place to get no sh*t correct information. If your head wasn't inserted so far up your rectum you would see that in my first post in this thread I refered him to Crutchfield, and... Crutchfield seems to think the proper designation for them is 6 3/4" too. So Twinkie, if they're right, so am I. Which makes you, as we've already concluded from your first post, wrong. You may now kiss my ass, dickbreath.

posted by  vwhobo

Hey shut the **** up you. you seriously are a dumbass so :fu: . wvhobo has helped more people than you or anyone here and he has the privilage to insult anyone who is is dumb such as yourself.

posted by  CarEXPERT

I'll let you know when I get them :) I called Best Buy and told them what I ordered, and they told me it would cost $40 per pair to install them, so it's mainly the installation costs that i'm worried about the most.

posted by  ThirdeYe

Got my 6-1/2"s installed, costed approx. $40 per pair. They sound great too. So yeah, 6-1/2"s do indeed fit :D

posted by  ThirdeYe

Your Message