'89 Corsica Blower Motor

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  '89 Corsica Blower Motor

Hi everyone, new to this form but I like what I have seen. I introduced myself here (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=8105).

Here is my question:

'89 Chev Corsica - Heater or A/C blower motor is real noisy when it is on. My first guess is it's rubbing on the housing or bad bearings or no lubrication. It works and blows air it just squeeks and squaks a bit. So I want to get in there and have a look at what is going on but can't seem to pin point it's exact location. Can anyone point me in the right direction (maybe someone has the repair manual and wouldn't mind looking it for me) I know the manual is realtively cheap and I should probably just go buy one but I thought I would check here first.

Thanks in advance,

-Jared

posted by  utetroop

Well, there's three ways to figure your little dilemma out. Somebody that knows where it's at, like me, could tell you. Nah! You could go get a manual and read all about it, for free at the library even. Oops, too much effort on your part. Or you could simply turn on the fan and FOLLOW THE NOISE. Amazing. :banghead:

And they say I'm not a conceptual thinker.

posted by  vwhobo

Thanks for the overwhelming generosity hobo :clap: , from my post :read: you can see that I came up with those three solutions and was hoping that someone (like you) :evil: would make it easy for me.

After listening to the noise and trying to pin point the source I determined that I will have to disassemble the dash some. So I came here hoping that maybe someone has torn down the dash and might have some good pointers.

Your suggestion to look it up in the manual at the library is a good idea though so I’ll check out that avenue. Your post wasn't a total waste but actuall worth :2cents:.

-utetroop

posted by  utetroop

Glad you took it the way it's meant. It's much better to teach a man to fish instead of just giving him one.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message