Power Inverter Problem!!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Power Inverter Problem!!

i am having some power inverter problems...i have a 400 watt power inverter, and am using a 360 watt sony stereo system with it when i go out to outdoor parties for music. first off, i drive a 1987 ford ranger stx...initially, for about 2 or 3 days, the stereo would turn on and play just as it would in my house (the truck was running, just idling in my driveway. just yesterday, i went to turn it on and after hearing a buzzing noise and my lights dimming (the stereo ALMOST turned on, then just went blank) i blew the 20 amp fuse that is used in the "cig lighter/horn" slot in the fuse box. the 40 amp fuse in my inverter is not blown. i replaced the 20 amp blown fuse with 30 amp fuses. now everytime i go to turn my stereo on i get the same buzzing sound, dimming lights, and red light on the inverter. the battery in the truck is not old. any help would be appreciated

posted by  turtletom31

sound like you blew speakers or head unit.... Check the basics chef before you go gormet lol. Sounds like it'd be a cool system to jam with though.

posted by  wrecked00

Your Message