engine light lit

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  engine light lit

i went to autozone and they told me i need a camshaft position sensor. i have a 99 saturn sc2 does anyone know where this goes on the motor. i work on cars of course the older ones and have no clue with the newer ones can some one help thanks : :

posted by  nawrode

Tell Autozone to stick it in their ass. You have not had a diagnosis, you have had a minimum wage flunky use a code reader. Go back and have Autozone show you what a camshaft position sensor looks like for your car. Then have them show you where it goes. Guess what, they can't because it doesn't exist.

Now, start by reading this; http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2200 , follow the directions and maybe I'll take the time to explain it to you because it's a complex system to understand on your particular car.

posted by  vwhobo

Hmm... Now if I could only find a reply to this person's plea for help it would probably answer my questions about my "service engine soon" light & why I'm getting the 341 code = camshaft position sensor, when there is none on my car either.

Still waiting for a reply from somebody who knows...

posted by  drummer1966

seems like vwhobo knows a little about it. Maybe that link might be of help.

posted by  Fgreco

My suggestion is to follow the link provided by VWhobo.

posted by  srober32

they have those nice commercials.call saturn and ask the service department for the location of the sensor.if autozone told you you need one,call the last 50 people that bought one ,and ask them where it goes.

posted by  the lobster

Your Message