Mazda MX6 surging and head gasket repair

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Mazda MX6 surging and head gasket repair

Hello! I hope someone here can help me! I bought a 1991 Mazda MX6 that needed the head gasket replaced. To make a long story short, I got it fixed than the tranny went out. Had a leak in the radiator, and I suspect with my older son adding water and then the weather freezing, somethingin the engine went out. Not sure if it's the heads or not. But I put all my money into the tranny, and now they tell me the head gasket is blown again. There is no sign of water in the oil. I went ot the shop and checked it myself, but I did see steam come out of the open radiator... bigtime! Also it surges to about 3 - 4,000 rpms and then backs back down and dies if you don't give it gas again. I thought it was the idle sensor, but the mechanic tells me it is the air flow. I don't know, but the mechanic is still trying to figure out what the source of the problem is and quite frankly, I'm losing faith in him, but I'm out of money to take it elsewhere! I spent nearly 800.00 so far and i just don't have anymore money to put in it! Can someone give me some insight??? Please?

I might add, my son drove it and got it hot, but it was still running fine, except for the radiator leak and the surging especially in park and neutral. Then he drove it and the tranny went out. Needless to say, he will not be allowed to drive another vehicle I own. Now that the tranny has been replaced, it won't stay running.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marian

posted by  MaidMarian1960

Your Message