1991 Acura Legend

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1991 Acura Legend

Ok - I recently bought a used 1991 Acura Legend 4 DR. The car has approximately 170k on it but had the engine replaced last year.

The check engine light comes on nearly every time I start the car. During extremely cold weather I have to let the car run for approxmately 5-10 minutes after I start the engine while it seems to "adjust". Once the car is on the rpms fluctuate up and down between about 2-3 RPM's for 5-10 minutes until finally settling and maintaining a constant rpm.

I know absolutely nothing about cars, transmissions, engines or anything - so here I am.

Any thought about what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

posted by  sassyjerseygrl

Sorry I don't know what you mean.

well when that light comes on , your computer is basically telling you something is wrong, have a shop get the stored codes off the computer, and it should point you in the right direction, the high idle would have something to do with a vacuum leak, or if it has an idle air control motor, that might be inoperative, but for your 91 acura integra with the 3.2l single overheadcam motor and fuel injected, honda recalled the throttle body back in 1993, so you may have issues with the throttle body, basically something is obviously wrong and those codes will tell you what input or output is .... fubar

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Thank you for your reply. I guess I will have to break down and bring it in somewhere. I also made a mistake in typing that it was 1991 - it is a 1993.

Thank you.

You might want to adjust the "idle" speed. If you need further help, let me know i can assist you.

posted by  CyberLegend94

Your Message