65 beetle clutch cable problems

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  65 beetle clutch cable problems

These problems all started shortly after my ignition switch decided to stop working, what happened was that I installed a switch into the car that would allow me to stop the engine by killing power to the motor, and in my classic ability, I managed to decide that it'd be a good idea to leave my switch in the on position while away from home. Consequently, the battery died. So, I tried to pop start it quite a few times (while leaving the switch in the off position, like the rocket scientist that I am) and it would start to turn over only to have it die due to the power being off. So, got jumped and drove home.

While driving home, I noticed that where the clutch engaged was all the way at the bottom of the pedal and I just barely had enough room to get it to disengage. So, when I got home I parked it in my garage and let it sit for awhile. Well, recently I started trying to get it running again. And noticed that my clutch cable is all bound up in the channel. So, I'm trying to remove it from the channel now and I've gotten it out a few inches so that the threading on the cable is starting to enter the channel but can't get it out any further.

So, my question is, do any of you guys have any suggestions for ways to get the cable out of the channel?

Here's to hoping there's some beetle enthusiasts out there.

posted by  lunaris30

Cut the cable on the back end, remove the bowden tube, pull the pedal assembly and pull out the cable. Dead simple. Better yet, go here for more info.

http://www.aircooledbeetles.com/index2.html

posted by  vwhobo

You're welcome, asshole.

posted by  vwhobo

hahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahhah*sigh* hahhahahhahahhahhahahhahhahahahhahahhahahha

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

maybe he's still trying to do it....

posted by  windsonian

Your Message