Brakes

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Brakes

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT+ and am getting a lot of squeeking from my brakes. I have taken it in, and have been told the brakes are fine, and the squeeking is coming from the metallic pads. The squeeking is not constant, however it occurs enough to make it annoying. Can anyone verify that the metallic pads will create this sound, and is there any solution to the problem?:?:

posted by  klemowits

No, just the fact that they're metallic pads will not cause them to squeak. However you don't supply enough information to form an educated guess as to why they're squeaking.

posted by  vwhobo

You're completely welcome. Thank you for allowing me to take my time trying to help you with your problem.

posted by  vwhobo

lol, Dear o dear, some people, ya offer them all the help in the world................and not even a response! Klemowits, have you tried copper grease on the back of the pads? you will find this works wonders usually as the metal on metal affect on pads without this on can cause squeeling sometimes! :D P.S I'm well aware that this post probably wont be read but hey.......I can but try I guess lol

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message