99 cavalier-rear defogger quit

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  99 cavalier-rear defogger quit

I have read quite a bit on this site about other who had this problem. Here is mine:

It's the middle of winter, my rear defogger quit and I am MAD :cussing: :cussing: !!!

Anyway, here is what I have done. I took a close look at the grid and saw no breaks. Then I went at it with the volt meter. I unhooked on of the connectors and checked for resistance and got 1 ohm. Then I started checking voltages. With neither connector connected I get 14 volts when putting both leads in each connector. I then connected ONE connector to the grid and touched the connection and on the other side just touching the connector. 14 volts again. I reversed connectors and did the same thing...same result...14 volts. Then I connected BOTh to the grid as usual and touched each connector and got ZERO volts. :banghead:

This doesn't make any sense to me. The wires get power and and when connected one at a time, they get power. When connected at the same time I get nothing.

Any ideas out there or should I just start doing different things to the back window...such as: :cussing: :fu: :guns: :finger: :asshake:

Thanks!

posted by  pangderx

Your Message