what type of engine?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  what type of engine?

http://www.corral.net/photopost/data/500/38648DSC00547-med.JPG
what type on engine do we have here?

posted by  ripu

Not that I'm any kind of expert...but it looks like a 302. (Ford 5.0)

posted by  Widowmaker2k

That was my first guess. looks too small to be a 350 or 351.

posted by  Satty101

maybe a 289???

posted by  stueck420

Yeah i'm gonna have to go with 302 deck height just doesnt' look tall enough to be a 351W and i don't think AFR makes heads for the 351C. But i might be wrong i'm not sure what kinda car it's in so i can't gauge the engine compartment size.

posted by  slavboy1

Yeah i'm gonna have to go with 302 deck height just doesnt' look tall enough to be a 351W and i don't think AFR makes heads for the 351C. But i might be wrong i'm not sure what kinda car it's in so i can't gauge the engine compartment size.

posted by  slavboy1

posted by  slavboy1

Definately a ford 302. My dad's got one in his 71 Maverick Grabber, I'll post pics later if you want.

posted by  digital_shad0w

the maverick a 302 boss ?? :D

posted by  muddy4x4man

I think it's a Ford 302, my uncle used to have one, not on a car unfortunately. Looks like a HEMI engine, or im I wrong?

posted by  Gavin.TDi

um... it says ford racing right on the engine TWICE... so there's no way it could be a hemi. think about things b4 you type them

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

I'm guessing a FORD 5.0 liter. looks a lot like the one in my dad's mustang

posted by  SuperJew

I think it's off a 1982 Ford Econoline Van...

Who cares anymore what it is...the originator of the post is gone and has been since posting the pic. What we do know is that it is from the better days of Ford. (and they were few!!)

posted by  BavarianWheels

I firmly agree, you should think before typing things. Having knowledge of the subject is also a good idea. While true that this particular engine is not a hemi, a bit of thought would allow you realize that just because it "says Ford Racing" on the valve cover has nothing to do with it. Ford has in the past in fact made hemi's in both street and racing versions. See pic below.

While we're on the subject ChevySuxD0ng, have been able to determine yet what type of "DOHC V8" you have in your car? Or have you been too busy spewing bullshit to lift the hood and look?

posted by  vwhobo

I've been too busy spewing bullshit to lift the hood and look... ya i lied i don't have a DOHC. its just a V8. but i have no idea what kinda car it came out in the first place

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. It takes a pretty big man to rat yourself out like that. Good job. The truth shall set you free.;)

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message