1993 Olds Cutlass Supreme problems errr...

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1993 Olds Cutlass Supreme problems errr...

I have a 1993 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme convertible with the 3.4 liter DOHC engine, and I'm not sure on the transmission type. It has problems idling while in gear and holding the brake, the rpm's jump up and down. Then when I go to accelerate, there is a dead spot in the engine, and sometimes it dies. When this happens, especially after cold starts, it can be hard to start back again. The fuel efficiency is really bad as well. I changed the plugs already, which seemed good. I have thought about the following aspects: Fuel + Air Filters, O2 Sensors, Fuel Pressure (Pump), Cat. Converters, Vacuum Hoses, and the Intake Air Temperature Sensor, along with who knows what other sensors. This engine is the 3.4 liter DOHC. It has so many engine components I don't know where to start. Can someone help?

posted by  white_flood

i have a 92 cutlas supreme 3.4 lit. as well and was having problems with the idle going up and down and it would die on me often. you can take it to an auto parts store and use there code readers there they usually have them and are free to use. it turned out to be the m.a.p. (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. cost about 30 dollars and was very simple to replace
after that i havent had a problem with the idling

posted by  Benmax77

Looks Like A Good Idea There.i Think They Build Those Parts To Fool Us.

posted by  the lobster

I also just purchased a 93 convertible and would like to visit with someone who has one. Can you change the back 3 spark plugs without moving the motor? How hard is it to change the timing belts? Thanks

posted by  ronjj

Your Message