Whats the best first car? civic????!!!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Whats the best first car? civic????!!!

Saying money wasnt a problem but insurence was what is there for a good 1st car?!?!?! shud i get a civic?! :doh:

posted by  CobraAc

Money wasn't a problem? Get a viper. Well since you can't afford a viper, what's your budget?

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

I've driven a ton of cars before finally choosing my 98 Altima, and I think it's a perfect first car. Put my cavalier to shame.

posted by  ThirdeYe

hi, have owned many cars, 1st car should be a 4dr, 4 cyl, not a pretty car. you will get hit by others, drive up on curbs, scrape and bump. get a reliable car, have a good friendly mechanic check it out for you, or take it to the shop and pay the small amount to have it checked. civic is good, all others ok if checked out and you are happy with the car. i have a civic dx 5sp 02, cranked on 100,000 in 31 months. next car will be the civic si, or accord. expensive car to buy, maintenance small compared to other vehicles. your choice

posted by  doug wong

If you are a young driver, say 16 or 17, I would suggest a V6. Something that will give you good all around crash protection. Older model '88-'93, easy to maintain and paid for. It's cheaper on insurance. I got my 16 year old daughter a 1991 Chevy Lumina Euro with 94,000 miles on it, in 1997. She drove it to high school for two years and then to college for one year. When she got married, she drove it for another year and a half until I got it back and let my son drive it to school. I still have it now with 174,000 miles on it with the orig. motor and transmission. I have personally maintained it. I will probably keep it as long as I live and just drive it to church on sunday.
:laughing:

posted by  Grannie2

Get an accord coupe. They are fast and reliable :thumbs:

Then once you get used to driving around then I would use that money and go for that really nice car! :thumbs:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

i wouldnt get a nice car unless your paying for it. most people wont have as much respect for it after a few months or so. plus thers plenty of parts in the junkyards to fix an older car. my first car was a 91 ford tempo 4 door. i put that car through pure hell and she kept on tickin! dents, dings, rearended people, slid across the hood, every window motor went out on her, cracked windshield, went muddin in her a couple times, sliding around the school parking lot in reverse so i could do donuts in the snow. ahh...the good ole days :thumbs: ....i sold her to a buddy and the trans finally blew :laughing: . id recommend a grand prix or grand am w/ the 3.8. they are a dime a dozen in the junkyards.

posted by  adamc44

I have a 99 Camry CE as my first car and I think its great. I suggest a Camry as your first car, but if you think it is big try a Corolla or perhaps even a Impreza RS (all suggestions are for used cars). :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Didn't anybody notice that this thread is from January, and none of the original posters have been active in several months? :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Crash protection my ass. If you're a teenager you need something the cops don't notice and with plenty of places to stash dope and beer. Don't forget enough room in back to boink the little honey of your choice. Vinyl interior is a plus because it's easier to clean of the pecker tracks. Get shoppin' boys.

posted by  vwhobo

Didnt you notice that we were post whorin? Lol, jp. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

You should be a car designer :laughing:...but vinyl gets sticky when it's hot :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

i noticed, but decided ahh...wtf...ill have a go at her.

posted by  adamc44

the best first car is a saturn hands down. money, insurance, maint. all that adds up to a headache free experience. plus its easy on gas.
others may argue, but thats my 2 cents

posted by  nattereri2000

Now that's pretty funny, I have a 1996 Cavalier and it's a pretty good car, gets good gas mileage and a big ass back seat :laughing:

There's not much room to put your weed or beer but if you're smart you'll pull off the door handle panel, haha:mrgreen:

posted by  Copenhagen

im wondering how you found this thread ?

posted by  nighthawk

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I thought that was pretty funny. I never did that with my first car. Drive up on curbs? Even for a new driver you'd have to be pretty dumb.

posted by  Mathew

Your Message