crankshaft position sensor location

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  crankshaft position sensor location

I had inquired about problems trying to start my 1989 Pontiac grangprix. I have replaced the spark plugs and the Ignition module it still wont give me any fire. The crankshaft position sensor have not been replaced because I cant locate it, my engine is 2.8 v6. I went to the library and looked in the motor manual but this is one part they say nothing about. The library dont have chilton or haynes manuals so if anyone would be so kind as to tell me where it's located I would really appreciate it. Thanks

posted by  taylor

If I remember correctly it's on the left side of the block.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

The crank position sensor should be located in the block on the side nearest the firewall. You might have to get under the car to see it. It is held in place by one screw. Near front of engine.

posted by  mormack

Thank you for your help. I used to be a mechanic so it's in my blood. With a little help I can repair this car.

posted by  taylor

Right side of engine, right below the block heater (right at the bottom of the block) in the middle-back of the block. Looked at the 3.1 I'm rebuilding at work for my car.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

[QUOTE=88GrandPrixSE]Right side of engine, right below the block heater (right at the bottom of the block) in the middle-back of the block. Looked at the 3.1 I'm rebuilding .[/QUOtat work for my care

Thanks 88GrandPrixSE You guys on this site are really great.

posted by  taylor

Your Message