97 chevy lumina v6 engine leak

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  97 chevy lumina v6 engine leak

the car is overheating and water in oil and right behind to the sid eof the oil stick is leakin any water or antifreeze i put in it... what wrong???? please helpundefinedundefinedundefined

posted by  rhonda81

it might be a hole in the radiator.

posted by  SCMancini83

what series engine 3100 or 3800

posted by  carlos

GM had problems with intake gaskets leaking, just did a job today on a Cutlass Supreme w/3100 series engine. the same problem as yours milkshake syndrome

posted by  carlos

i was told it was a cracked head gasket or something i just bought it 2 days ago and today it overheated and my engine is full of water...

posted by  rhonda81

you can test for this by removing the spark plugs and cranking your engine(remove your fuel pump relay before trying this and disable your ignition system also)if coolant sprays out of any of your spark plug holes then you either have a cracked head or a blown head gasket.

posted by  carlos

how do i go about doing all of this

posted by  rhonda81

removing the spark plugs from the rear can get quite difficult find someone who can help you and offer them a few bucks to do this test, you can save yourself a lot of money if you see the results yourself, instead of having someone lie to you and ripping you off

posted by  carlos

whats messed up on it...Thanks

posted by  rhonda81

if coolant doesn't come out the spark plug holes don't let them tell you it's a head gasket(usually a $600 job at a shop) chances are it's your intake gaskets, GM even had a recall on them

posted by  carlos

the hole is usually in the radiator hose and under pressure it grows all you have to do is replace it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

posted by  tapraehs

check the radiator hose they have quite weak hoses installled in the stock engines. :thumbs:

posted by  tapraehs

Your Message