92 lebaron injectors not working

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  92 lebaron injectors not working

My 92 lebaron V6 3.0 automatic wont start. I can put gas into the intake and it will start and idle but quits when gas runs out. I checked the computer fault codes and got 12 because I had just replaced the battery and 37 . I just replaced the fuel pump and filter about 5 months ago with an after market pump. I can hear the pump working when I turn the key on so I don't think it could be bad. I unpluged the MAP sensor and got the code 14 so I don't think that would be the problem either. Anyone got any suggestions of where to go from here.
It sat at the repair shop for 3 months waiting on the mechanic to find time to fix it before I got ticked off and towed it home. The mechanic there said it was the engine computer so I replaced that after I got it home and that wasn't the problem

posted by  earthangel

He obviously has spark, when he injects gas directly, it starts.....
I think fuel pump, fuel pump fuse or fuse pump wiring is faulty. There's a start.
:thumbs:

posted by  Carcass

I kept priming the intake with gas and the car started to run on it's own but it was running really rough. I put some fuel treatment into the gas tank and it runs a little better now. Even got it to start a couple times without priming it.
I'm beginning to think it is the fuel pressure or someone has put water in the tank. My daughter had been driving it when the problem occured and had just ran the tank almost empty before she added gas. I'm going to check the fuel pressure today. Will keep you posted on the results.
Thanks guys. :wink2:

posted by  earthangel

I think u may be right. Water in fuel would do that, and maybe get a fuel line clean-up at a garage . It's usually around $40 and in my opinion, worth it. Won't clean ur tank tho. But it cleans out the intake, valves and injectors, plus, if it gets worse, they are pretty much liable, mouahaha.

Hope this helps :ticking: :thumbs:

posted by  Carcass

I drained the tank to 1/8th and added new gas. I still had the problem. I Then took the fuel lines loose from the pressure regulator. The pump is working and pumping gas to the fuel rail but there is no gas coming back out the return line from the pressure regulator. I have compression and the injectors are ticking like thy are suposed to. About to give up and take it to the shop on monday. :banghead:

posted by  earthangel

Your Message