1994 Ford Tempo - Removing the thermy help

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1994 Ford Tempo - Removing the thermy help

Some of you guys n gals are pretty good at finding diagrams and such on the net. It was getting dark so I didnt get a good chance to look but if anyone could find some sort of illustration on this or the water pump help would be appreciated. I need to yank the thing because I'm getting no flow from the radiator and I know the thermy is locked shut or rusted.

Thanks!

posted by  Blue_Frog

Thermostat on the 2.3/2.5 HSC Tempo engine is located in the housing to which the upper radiator hose is attached. Simply follow that hose from the radiator to the engine, and VOILA! The t-stat housing is mounted to the end of the cylinder head and is secured with three capscrews.

As to the water pump... That engine is notorious for noisy water pumps. The pump is located at the belt end of the engine, and it is mounted to a supporting housing that bolts up to the block. The pump can be changed without removing that husing, but it is tight work to get the old gasket comletely cleaned off the housing.

posted by  cpprioli

Thanks! I got a new gasket for it and looked at it's size and said to myself there is no way that thermy goes on the water pump intake. I looked at the upper hose and suspected that it might be there and was fixing to ask about that.

As for the water pump it's still quiet whick is why I'm suspecting that the thermy is locked and thats why I'm not getting any flow from the radiator.

Thanks again!

posted by  Blue_Frog

just curious but how did ya figure you weren't getting any flow from the rad?

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Your Message