(ge)o, "brake" the bank?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  (ge)o, "brake" the bank?

have a small problem,,,, on the way home, ran over a carcass of an animal hit by a car two vehicles ahead,,, both of the others hit it also,,, i ran over it in my geo tracker lsi (96 variety)... i noticed that the parking brake light came on,,,, now, i set the parking brake when i stop anywhere.. getting home this evening (5 minutes and 3 miles from the animal), i set the brake,,, however, instead of hearing the normal sounds, i heard a "whirring sound", like a turbine winding down.. looking under the vehicle, there is no fluid dropping anywhere and the engine sounds fine,,,,, when i start the vehicle, there is a whirring sound which disappears within 10 seconds,,,, obviously, something is damaged underneath... from ones' crystal ball, does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

respectfully, john

posted by  sugrbear461

check your hydraulic brake system, any fluid loss from your brake reservoir? iall i can think of is that poor animal .... he probably caught a rib on a brake line or something, poor thing :ohcrap:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

BannffAutoSpa_ap if I have nightmares tonight I will not blame it on too much Old Crow....I will blame it on the fact that you reminded me of the worst sound I have ever heard from a car in my life:

The screech of tires as I swerved to try to avoid running over a confused squirrel which ran left...then right...then left and then ran CRUNCH under my tires.

Yes I was driving a five speed 1994 Geo Metro hatchback.

Damn you BannffAutoSpa_ap!!!! :mrgreen:

posted by  Blue_Frog

i would say hitting a moose at 110kmh and totaling your car is a really bad sound too, in the north we got alot of road chikens(grouse) they were soo dumb i swerved as much as i could but they just really love to die i swear.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Your Message