help! 2001 Pontiac Montana overheating

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  help! 2001 Pontiac Montana overheating

My van is overheating, I've replaced the thermostat, the water pump is ok, I have bled the system so that there is no air in it multiple times now. Everything will be ok for a few days and then it just starts overheating. I don't have any symptoms of a blown head gasket, but I'm wondering what else it could be. It seems like its sucking air in from somewhere. I just hope its not the head gasket it cost me $2500 to get it fixed about two years ago. They machined they heads and everything so they set right also.
If anyone has any ideas, please help. It has 128,000 miles on it.

posted by  mkrohn151

check for a vaccum line off if you hear a loud sucking noise, when does it overheat? on the highway or idling, and when it starts to overheat are your radiator cooling fans on?

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

No loose vacuum lines. It overheats while driving and while in park. What happens is the coolant circulates through the engine and then back into the radiator, then for some reason it all goes into the overflow tank and won't circulate back through. I thought it might be the water pump but the guy at advance auto parts said that the water pump would be leaking or I'd be able to hear the bearings if the pump was bad.

posted by  mkrohn151

The guy at the parts store is wrong. It COULD be your waterpump.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message