Voyager Fuel Pump

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Voyager Fuel Pump

Hello, I have a 1994 Plymouth Voyager and I had the fuel pump replaced about 4 months ago. I was a bit upset because I had just purchased the vehicle less than a week ago. I was headed to a job interview and I had about half a tank. And it just stopped. Well it was replaced a few days later and about 4 months later the same exact thing happened. I just don't get it. and this type of repair is too expensive, unless I am getting burned. If I have it repaired this time and another time, it will exceed the cost of the vehicle. What price should I be expecting?

posted by  keola

most fuel pumps have a warrenty, of deffinately more than 4 months so make sure you check that first, to get the warrenty most pumps also require the fuel filter to be changed so hopefully they did that, maybe this time it isn't the pump? anywho i would check those first

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

i could be way off but the pump is aboot 200-250 buckeroo's and the labour is around 1.5 hours so shop rate x 1.5ish and thats what it might cost

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Hi, Your fuel pump is run by a relay called a ASD(auto shut down ) it is also called a fuel pump relay,sounds like you might want to have it checked out and the wiring ,pump should last a lot longer then that. could be something is shorting out causeing the pump to fail. Good luck Slim

posted by  Slimone

Your Message