'02 Ford Exlorer Suspension Noise

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  '02 Ford Exlorer Suspension Noise

When driving over bumps in the road I hear what sounds like a metal on metal banging noise from the front passenger tire area. Otherwise it drives perfect. It's still under warranty so I took it to the dealer and they said my upper ball joints were out, so they were replaced. The dealer said that should fix it. Problem is, it did not fix the noise, they obviously didn't test drive it after. It must be on the suspension somewhere. I have looked, and to the best of my knowledge everything looks ok visually. Could it be the shock on that side, lower ball joint, something else??? Help. :banghead:

posted by  topher98

Go back to the garage. Hope this helps. :thumbs:

posted by  Carcass

check under the hood is the tire jack loose or anything else on that side under the hood ??

posted by  osborste

how aboot sway bar links, broken, or rotten bushings?

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

maybe a binding ball joint or tie rod, lift and place jack stands under the A arms, then turn your steering wheel all the way left and then right while somebody listens for any noise

posted by  carlos

Ok, I just had the sway bar links replaced under warranty. Did not solve the problem though. I guess I will check all the other bushings on that side. Maybe I should just give up and deal with the noise...

posted by  topher98

Struts. The newer Ford vehicles seem to like to eat up those struts pretty fast, especially the Tauruses. Have them check those out.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Your Message