clickin sound

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  clickin sound

98 ford explorer..I have a clicking sound on the drivers side all the time. i thought it was the cv joint so i replaced the half shaft. still clicking. replaced the hub assimbliy and it still is clicking when i turn and let off the gas. replaced the half shaft again still no change..... i'm out of ideas. does anyone know of anything else that would be causeing it????? it's all wheel drive. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  khosier

Doesn't seem like you had to many ideas to start with. You just replaced the half shaft a number of times. :screwy:

Why don't you just jack that wheel right off the ground and turn it and spy on the clicking closely until ou get it narrowed down to a specific location. If you do that... I bet it'll be fixed in no time without my help.

posted by  DodgeRida67

you can't turn just one wheel.. it's all wheel drive.

posted by  khosier

:clap: :screwy: :ohcrap: 4 wheel drive doesnt turn the backwheels when you turn the steering wheel. 4 wheel drive means that all 4 wheels are powered and are connected to the driveshaft.

posted by  EvilPodAE

Geez... :screwy:

posted by  DodgeRida67

i think RIDA meant just get the vehicle off the ground and spin the wheel as if it were driving down the road, you'll soon find out whats clickin, if it doesn't click by spinning it by hand , then try physically turning the wheel as if you were steering left or right, maybe ball joint is clicking or something in the steering is FUBAR

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

check the brake pads fords were bad for lose fitting pads

posted by  osborste

Your Message