Honda CR-V screeching

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Honda CR-V screeching

2003 Honda CR-V made a screeching noise when I started it this morning. I have 11,000 miles on it. Before I take it to a shop, this female would like to have some idea on possible causes. The car is in a garage in Alabama. No moisture was on the floor under the engine.

posted by  tenniscoach

Loose strap, which one, i dunno. Check the tension on em. Probably 2 of em. :thumbs:

P.S. The car is still under guarantee, so why all the fuss? U tell the Honda dealer if he puts up a fight " I don't give a shit, it's new and guaranteed, fix it"
:hi:

posted by  Carcass

once you hear the engine start let go off the key :mrgreen:

posted by  slvracurarsx03

Oh yeah,I'm sure that he doesn't know to release the key after the engine has started, and on top of that it only took him 11 000 miles to figure that out. If u don't know what to post, don't post. Nice going. :clap:

posted by  Carcass

uh-hum, doesnt seem to be a "he", it's a "she". lol.

posted by  Zenith

i would say loose belt, does the noise go away after a few seconds or minutes?

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Belt most likely. Should go away after a few seconds. If it persists after a few start-ups, First off you should try belt-dressing. Go to a parts store and ask for a can. Follow directions on the can to apply it. It's simple.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Thanks for the advice, I have an appointment with the dealer for tomorrow morning. When I called and mentioned the noise, the service manager stated that he had quite a few with that problem. He thinks a pulley needs adjusting.

posted by  tenniscoach

Your Message