1998 Mazda B2500 Naming the part under my radiator

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1998 Mazda B2500 Naming the part under my radiator

A hard rubber or plastic piece that is bolted to the under side of my radiator is broken and I need to replace it. However, I don't know the name of this part. This part is on the undercarriage and is attached by two bolts on each side. Any siuggestions or info would be appreciated. Thanks!

posted by  jameshoban

I cant picture a sensor or relay going to your radiator, especially the underside unless maybe it is a coolant temp sensor or maybe a fan relay. Usually though those are somewhere near the thermostat housing or the upper radiator intake on the block.

Can you take a pic of it or do a little descriptive drawing? To me it ALMOST sounds like you might be talking about an oddly placed wiring harness, possibly even maybe some sort of ground wiring. Without seeing it though its anyones guess.

Or it might (???) be your drain plug from what you are describing but if that were broken I'd think your coolant would be leaking right out. I've never heard of a drain plug being an add on or bolted on part on a radiator.

posted by  Blue_Frog

radiator core support beam
just my :2cents:

posted by  carlos

Plastic though? I'd think that would be metal. Maybe he is looking at it wrong. A sludged support bracket could look like it were made of plastic.

posted by  Blue_Frog

Are you talking about the rubber bushings? Rad sits on them?

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Bushings dont need bolts. Hes talking about something (????) that is actually bolted down from what he says. That was my first thought too but he says its bolted up somehow...why I asked for a better description.

posted by  Blue_Frog

Some of them do, some have a metal bracket that goes around them then they bolt down to the body, most of them don't though.

We do need a better description though, a picture would be helpful.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Pepcock? Na

posted by  EvilPodAE

Thanks for the responses. I'm still in the dark ages and don't have a digital camera. I did take the part off. It has the following number on it:


I tried googling this number but nothing came up. I thought it was under the radiator but may be under another part which looks similiar to the radiator and sits below the radiator. The part is about 3 ft in length and is retained by two sets of 10mm bolts. It resembles a trough. I wish I could take a picture of it!

posted by  jameshoban

I cant find that part number either on any search engines or auto partsites. Take it into your local shop...find out what it is and then buy a used one from a scrap yard.

Sounds like what carlos (dont bitch carlos giving ya credit) posted above...its the retaining bracket to your radiator or a spacer for a replacement radiator that has been put in it.

posted by  Blue_Frog

You meant "pet-cock" aka drain tap yes?

posted by  Wally

The part that looks like a rad will most likely be the A/C Condenser.

The rubber piece is about 3 feet long? It's not a hose is it..?

What kind of car do you have

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

1998 mazda b2500. Read his post title. :thumbs:

posted by  Carcass

Well you do have a point there, don't you? haha

I've never been under the hood of a newer b series truck.. never even knew they still made them haha

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

It's called an air dam. Its purpose is to divert the air flow to your engine. It will more the likely only be obtained from a dealer. :2cents:

posted by  lectroid

Thanks for all the input! I figured that this piece sits below the condenser and is probably some air dam part.

posted by  jameshoban

Your Message