1998 Neon R/T oil leaking please help!!!

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1998 Neon R/T oil leaking please help!!!

Well my oil is leaking. Can anyone help!?! The oil leak is not noticeable on the ground or anywhere on the car. I know for a fact that it's not blowing out the tailpipe or past the rings. I'm pretty sure that it's not the head gasket because it was replaced not to long ago. What else could it be!?!

posted by  chud298

It is going somewhere. You are just going to have to find it. We don't have crystal balls. Atleast most of the time we don't. :laughing:

How much oil is being consumed?

posted by  DodgeRida67

There is no noticeable leak. It's leaking alot too. It's gone down about half in 3 weeks. Everytime I leave somewhere I always check the ground to see if I could see something. If I'm losing that much I figure I could see something but I don't. I've changed the PCV valve to see if that would help. It was bad but it didn't stop anything.

posted by  chud298

Yikes... check your coolant carefully.

posted by  DodgeRida67

indeedy.

Jack up the car and look for oil if no oil is visible in the coolant, it will be leaving a trail. Neon's were pretty bad for cam seals.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

now when you say half... do you mean half way from the top of the safe zone on the dipstick? how much do you drive in 3 weeks, cuz 1L per 1000KM is what GM specifies for oil consumption on a 32v northstar engine. but yeah you probably have other problems

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

I drive maybe about a 100 miles a week. And yes when I say halfway I mean from the top of the safe zone.

posted by  chud298

How do u know it aint burning oil for a fact? U stated it ain`t burning it and thats a fact. explain how u ruled this out. No oil on ground means either ur burning it, it`s in ur antifreeze, or its pushing it into the exhaust. Can`t be too hard to find bud. :thumbs:

What oil u putting in her? :2cents: :rock: :smoke:

posted by  Carcass

I know for a fact it's not because it wasn't smoking. So don't try to talk smart alright it ended up being the harmonick balance when they changed the timing belt. They pushed out the rear seal. Thanks anyways

posted by  chud298

Hmmm, wonder why no sign of a leak was found under the car then...to me it sounds like the seat to steering wheel connector. :laughing:

posted by  srober32

Yeah found it

posted by  chud298

my compliements on the chrysler shes a beaut!!!!!!
:driving: "426 HEMI" :rock:
:drool:

posted by  spearthemechani

Your Message