Which engine swap is best for my honda civic lx

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Which engine swap is best for my honda civic lx

hey, i need to know which engine swap i should get for a honda civic 94 lx and which one will work good with a turbo and can handle a lot of power. please tell me as soon as possible.

posted by  extremeimportdu

You want to make your car faster? Push it off the biggest cliff you can find...the Grand Canyon seems like a good place for that...better yet, drive it off a cliff and do us all a favor.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

The best swap for your Civic is the one where you swap the Civic for a car that doesnt suck!

:thumbs:

posted by  NISSANSPDR

hey man dont listen to these ****tards they dont have a clue whats there talking about.If you want to find some good info on Honda performance go to Honda-Tech.com.people who are ignorant to the possiblities of a honda or any vehicle for that matter shouldnt have a ****ing say in what cool or whats not. Good luck man.And :fu: to you other assholes

posted by  modedicebox

I'll just go and agree with the two posts before you, except NISSANSPDR, not much you can trade for, maybe if you're lucky you'll get a few food stamps for it.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

are kinding dude look at the piece of shit you drive then shut the **** up. :fu: your mother should have swallowed you :thumbs:

posted by  modedicebox

Yes, look at his piece of shit...it will leave a stock civic in last week...and that GP really can't even be called "zippy", so that's not saying much for a civic. You're wasting your money with a civic, plain and simple.

I can see the ricer attitude is as strong as ever...

THE ONLY THING I LOVE ABOUT RICERS...
a short story

Last night on the way down to Atlantic City, my friends and I stopped at a WAWA. A ricer and his g/f came out as we were pulling up and must have thought that he'd show me how fast his shiny new RSX was. He pulled out of the side exit and circled back around in front of the store. He went full throttle and just barely chirped his tires while turning, the car went into full song, engine working very hard...and still, barely accelerating. He power shifted second gear, well, at least he tried. The little car let out a mighty grinding noise and the engine bounced off the rev-limiter a few times...after a few more times grinding gears and bouncing it off the rev-limiter, he finally managed to chirp second.

That's the only thing I like about ricers...they make me laugh.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Hey! :fu: Are you dissing the whole 130hp and like 160lb-ft it makes?! :( I'll fix that with a good ol' 3.1 with 140hp and 185lb-ft.. wow... so much more power... *wishes he had the 3.4 DOHC...*

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

bro no shit it would leave an economy car at the stop light.But the guy was asking about engine swaps into his car.If you put a k20(rsx engine) into a civic hatchback youd be creaping into low 12's.This is with a stock engine with i/h/e and ecu reflash. So before you guys jump the gun on a thread you have no point to even post in because you guys obvisouly have no idea what your talking about when it comes to Hondas please just click the back button or do a little research that will back your ignorance up.I think this thread is closed. :screwy:

posted by  modedicebox

No research necessary. Why put 3 dollars into the motor for a 2 dollar car?

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

An RSX engine will not push an otherwise stock civic into the low 12's, no traction...why waste time and money on a civic unless you're going autocrossing with it. Like I said before, a new SI with a turbo kit and fart can still couldn't contend with my T-bird and I have less than 1,700 invested, that's including the cyl heads, fuel pump, adj. FPR that I haven't installed yet.

What's the point?...Seriously...it just doesn't add up. You guys really are chasing your tails spending so much time and money on civics. My car makes twice as much power and almost three times as much torque from the factory.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

Im no big honda fan but a turbo charged SI will imbarras an old school 88 t-bird even if it your t-bird is supercharged. I like fords 2, especialy stangs, but, there no way dude, sorry.

posted by  04subwrx

Your Message