astro van motor swap help please..

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  astro van motor swap help please..

i have a 1992 chevy astro 4.3L..cmfi...vin w..engine cast#18105903 with a rod hanging out of the oil pan...so i bought a replacement motor with 27000 miles on it..4.3L..tbi...vin????..engine cast#18172756..i have know idea what it came out of...(if anyone can read the engine cast # and let me know that would be a big help) the question is can i put the cmfi manfold on the tbi block and will it work...another thing the vin w motor has a balancer shaft and the vin??? motor doesnt as far as i know..will this cause any issues if it doesnt have a balancer shaft?..please help thanks ss

posted by  sworrix

Hi , there's a good section on http://www.chevytalk.org/threads/showflat.php? that gives you a lot of imfo about the 4.3 and some casting no's. check it out. Slim

posted by  Slimone

look for any differences like a knock sensor mounted to the side of the block most if not all 4.3 L should be the same block just some different options for different application like a full size truck or a jimmy/blazer to the vans change the intake manifold from your old engine to the new one should be all you need to do

posted by  osborste

Your Message