engine stalls

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  engine stalls

After replace the wire harness and computer the engine runs at high idle for a second and cuts off

I put the codes and i get 34, 22
unplug the map sensor it run for a second and plug it in does not run at all

how to service the code 34 and 22

posted by  mustang90LX50

what year Mustang and which engine?

posted by  tbaxleyjr

read his name... 90 mustang LX with a 5.0. You shouldn't be un-plugging things like that and plugging them in while the key is on, it detects something's wrong then puts up a code, and then doesn't matter if you plug it back in, code will stay.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Grand Prix...you apparently don't know much about Ford's EEC-IV system...you can disconnect and reconnect the EGR, MAP, a number of injector pigtails, etc....with the key on, engine off, or key on, engine on with no problems...if the check engine light does come on, you plug back in whatever you unplugged and it goes off. You speak too much on things you know nothing of. THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT....the think part is the most important.

In regard to the actual problem....you should have a MAF on that car...the speed density system was done with on the 5.0 stangs by '89('88 in cali).

It is possible you have the wrong ECM for the car. Code 22 is Manifold Absolute/Baro Pressure Sensor out of range. Code 34 is EGR Valve Pressure Transducer/Position Sensor sonic voltage above closed limit.

What leads me to believe that you have the wrong ECM for the car is the fact that it is throwing a code 22...that will only come up on speed density equipped cars and in '90 a Mass Air Flow set-up was utilized...if you had a problem with your MAF, it would be a code 26.

I would first go out and make sure you get the correct ECM...make sure it comes from a '89-93 'Stang. That should at least allow you to run the vehicle...then I would recommend you replace the EGR position sensor.

posted by  Sick88Tbird

[QUOTE=Sick88Tbird]Grand Prix...you apparently don't know much about Ford's EEC-IV system...you can disconnect and reconnect the EGR, MAP, a number of injector pigtails, etc....with the key on, engine off, or key on, engine on with no problems...if the check engine light does come on, you plug back in whatever you unplugged and it goes off. You speak too much on things you know nothing of. THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT....the think part is the most important.[QUOTE]

Yes, think, don't make yourself to be such an asshole. I just made a suggestion, I don't work on old fords, they're all junk, and it's just good habit to turn off the key before disconnecting something. Mustangs are the only exception from Ford.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Your Message