Geo metro won't turnover, its ok to laugh, I am a chick

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Geo metro won't turnover, its ok to laugh, I am a chick

My 95 geo metro will not turnover. It used to do this once and a while when we would have a heavy rainstorm but unfortunately it has not rained and my car is not starting. I can get a tick or two out of it but then it just goes flatline after a few seconds. I replaced the battery less than 2 years ago and I disconnected that and cleaned off the connectors. Could this be spark plugs? If so, how do I change them myself and live to thank you guys? Any suggestions on how to go about this would be so GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks Much,

Beth
the student who's not going to make it to her 5:00 class Monday without my egg on wheels

posted by  greener

Sounds like your starter is bad.

posted by  srober32

Try boosting it/taking a battery out of one of your other cars and put it in that car to check if it's the battery.. that's what it sounds like to me. Lots of battery's don't hit the 2 year mark, especially in places where it gets cold, and if you have a cheap battery.

Could also be the starty as scrober said. This is just a quick and easy way to check if it's the battery.

Your battery isn't dead... is it?

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Your Message