Gauge installation question

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Gauge installation question

I was waondering if there's somewhere else to hook up my gauges. I have a 1998 neon R/T I'm hooking up an oil pressure gauge and a voltmeter gauge. The direstions say to hook it up to the ignition box but I was wondering if there is somewhere easier to set it up. I'd like not to mess with all those wires but I would also like the gauges to work just like they would on the iginition box. When the car is started uo the gauges will go on.

posted by  chud298

Are you just looking for a power supply?

posted by  srober32

Yeah I got the lights and everything hooked up. I'm looking for power. I heard that hooking it up to the ciggarette lighter in the fuse box works. Any other suggestions?

posted by  chud298

If you can find a hot lead on the acc circuit that is usualy a good place to start. Neons are so tight under teh dash I couldnt even tell you where to start looking under there.

posted by  srober32

Yeah I know, it really sucks. That's why I'm trying to find another way to do it if possible

posted by  chud298

Sometimes, you can use the power antenna lead off of the radio...but the gages won't work unless the radio is on. Or you can use the radio lead if the gages don't draw too much current.

posted by  srober32

Your Message