Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
ChazDog
CF Newbie

Question Celica stalls In Neutral

Hi all and anyone that can help.

I have a 1991 Celica 5sp that seems to be having trouble maintaining RPMs in order to shift into 1st. This doesn't seem to be a problem upon initial startup, but, after driving for a while, maybe coming to a stop light or something, I can't get the engine RPMs up high enough to get the car into 1st without stalling. Once I finally do, it shifts fine, but will occassionally have a problem getting RPMs up again when I stop. It is an intermittant problem, but an annoying one (Who likes to stall???). So far, I have replaced the Fuel filter, and fuel pump.

As a side note, I found the battery dying recently, for no apparent reason, even after a charge. So I have replaced that, as well. Its so much worse when your car stalls, and then you don't have enough battery power to start it up again...

Thanks
Chzdg
ChazDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 04:19 AM   #2
Sniper1
CF Newbie

The battery dieing was most likely from you stalling then restarted. that can kill it hella fast. but your alternater could be going bad if it countiues after the new one is in. now as for the stalling im not sure on i know a little more about eletrical and audio then engine. but i am learning. i would try dowing a whole system flush on ur oil, coolent, transmission, and fuel systems.
Sniper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 04:28 AM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper1
The battery dieing was most likely from you stalling then restarted. that can kill it hella fast. but your alternater could be going bad if it countiues after the new one is in. now as for the stalling im not sure on i know a little more about eletrical and audio then engine. but i am learning. i would try dowing a whole system flush on ur oil, coolent, transmission, and fuel systems.
Please allow me to translate the above post into English for you;

Quote:
I have no earthly clue what the problem is with your car. I don't even know how to spell electrical but still claim to know something about it. The only reason I typed this post is in hopes that someone more ignorant than me will read it and think I'm smart.

P.S. My other name might be SNiPeRViRuS, I type the same way."
There you have it. It may not be exactly correct, but it's close.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 04:35 AM   #4
Sniper1
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Please allow me to translate the above post into English for you;

There you have it. It may not be exactly correct, but it's close.

ok you dumb ass i am not dumb and i do know how to spell its called i dont care. secoundly i was telling about his battery and i know what iam talking about. but at least i tryed helping where as you do nothing for this site. iam not snipervirus who ever the f*** that is. how learn something about turbos you stuped ass.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:39 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
ok you dumb ass i am not dumb and i do know how to spell its called i dont care. secoundly i was telling about his battery and i know what iam talking about. but at least i tryed helping where as you do nothing for this site. iam not snipervirus who ever the f*** that is.
Okay, let's go with the concept that you're not dumb. It's a stretch, but we'll try it. Tell us this Einstein. How is "dowing a whole system flush on ur oil, coolent, transmission, and fuel systems" going to cure or even affect his drivability concerns? The clock is ticking.

BTW, use of the FU smilie is proof of sub-normal intelligence. Your turn Twinkie.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 04:44 AM   #6
Sniper1
CF Newbie

ok i was just saying not telling and some times when you do a complet engine flush and get fresh fluids the car runs better. you did have to come off like a dick. and at least i can spell doing.