Old 07-08-2003, 10:32 AM   #3
Loophole
CF Newbie

yo ferrarichika
Old 07-08-2003, 04:01 AM   #4
ferrarichika
CF Newbie

Hey guys, I'm new

hey, what's up? I'm definitely really new and just wanted to say hey. I like to talk about cars, racing, music, or whatever. I love cars, cars and cars. Oh, did i mention I love cars? Anyway, catch ya later!
ferrarichika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 03:21 AM   #5
ferrarichika
CF Newbie

no, i don't own a ferrari, however, i would love too!
Old 07-10-2003, 03:08 AM   #6
ferrarichika
CF Newbie

i don't own anything right now. i'm looking around. seen anything good for sale?
Old 07-10-2003, 03:36 AM   #7
2fast4all
CF Newbie

Get the new Dodge Neon SRT-4(turbo) or you can wait and get the new Saturn Red Line (Super)

I own a 99 Sl2 and It has 165k on it and I have not had any problems.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:26 AM   #8
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

hey whats up
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 08:52 AM   #9
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

2fast4all wrote -
"Get the new Dodge Neon SRT-4(turbo) or you can wait and get the new Saturn Red Line (Super)"

ferrarichika didn't even say what kind of car that she's looking for and yet you tell her to get the Dodge Neon SRT-4 or the Saturn Red Line. Most people wouldn't buy a new car anyway. You don't even know what her budget is etc. etc roll
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 09:10 PM   #10
Mini Cooper

I am also new, and I also have an obsession for cars. Cars are my life. I'm a car nerd, so to speak.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:29 PM   #11
Unfedfat
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Cooper
I am also new, and I also have an obsession for cars. Cars are my life. I'm a car nerd, so to speak.

Then welcome abroad bro!
hope you enjoy your stay......... 8)
Unfedfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 12:54 AM   #12
ferrarichika
CF Newbie

hey guys, just want to say hi and welcome to mini cooper! Yeah, there is definitley no way i'm buying a new car, especially a saturn or anything american, unless it is the dodge ram w/hemi. i want sowething foreign. i'm thinking about a 300zx. does anyone have anything bad to report about them? anything that would be of concern? thanks.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:13 AM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Ferrarichicka, since this is the Off Topic section please explain something to me. What exactly does your quote below mean? I know it's written by Victor Hugo for Les Miserables.

"Succeed- that is the advice which falls drop by drop from the overhanging corruption."

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 05:36 AM   #14
ferrarichika
CF Newbie

well, basically it's saying that the "overhanging corruption", or people similar to peer pressure, is putting on people's heads that you have to be successful. In Victor Hugo's "Les Miserables", it is stated in a part of the book describing the priest, monseigneur bienvenu's life. Here, it is used to describe the state that society had fallen into, thus giving a reason for the priest's isolation. he kept himself isolated, so as to not be influenced by the corrupt, or ill-minded people. here is a passage from the following paragraph. hopefully it will explain better.
"In passing, we might say that success is a hideous thing. Its false similarity to merit deceives men. To the masses, success has almost the same appearance as supremacy." See, it's saying that people are believing something and are pressuring people to achieve that isn't entirely ture. I hope that helped. i saw it theproductionon broadway and thought it was magnificent! thanks for asking! have a great day!
Old 07-12-2003, 10:43 AM   #15
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

I think that people are misunderstanding the definition of success. A successful person is someone who reaches their goals. Because most people are corrupt, their desires are to be rich and powerful. A rich and powerful person is generally what corrupt people define as a successful person. A man who's always wanted his own loving family and close friends and gets what he's always wanted is successful. There's nothing corrupt about a man wanting to make enough money to be able to give large amounts to the needy while keeping modest amounts for himself and achieving it.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote