Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
jarvisx2000
CF Enthusiast

Skyline

Ok I heard a while ago that skylines were not street legal in Canada, I just figured it was someone thats was an idiot saying it, But i was just back reading in this forum and noticed someone here has also said that, I was just wondering if they are street legal or if it is just a rumor?
jarvisx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
Predator64dd
CF Newbie

Yes man they are legal. There is no reason why not, here in Canada we are allowed to drive right side drive cars as long as we get them rigistered. Good luck finding a skyline though.
Predator64dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
jarvisx2000
CF Enthusiast

I am not internested in one, I was just curious about what people say they are not allowed, I didn't understand why they would be illegal.
jarvisx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
Ghost
CF Newbie

Nah, the only car thats illegal in canada is the EVO VII...cause of the placement of the intercooler. That, and most cars that are somwhere around 3" ground clearance...the the Skyline is alright
Old 07-28-2005, 10:44 PM   #5
JDM Connection
CF Newbie

http://www.jdmconnection.ca/index.html
JDM Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 05:55 AM   #6
relicensed
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator64dd
Yes man they are legal. There is no reason why not, here in Canada we are allowed to drive right side drive cars as long as we get them rigistered. Good luck finding a skyline though.
wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to find one considering there are a million still popping up in the jap auctions that russia and NZ can't import anymore.
And as they are (or were till recently) the biggest importers of cars from Japan, I would have thought there would be an influx of cheap cars coming in from there? What are your import rules?

I plan to pick up an old r32 gt-r and wait for the 20 year mark to register it.
The pre-imported ones still fetch upto $30000nzd, when there are tons of them sitting (rotting) in japan selling for as little as $6000nzd (just over $4000usd).

Still toying with the idea of importing one and just giving it the identity of an old registered gts-t. we'll have to see??
relicensed is offline   Reply With Quote