Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #1
2001 CamaroZ28
CF Newbie

Viper suck, rather have a vette

is it just me, or are Dodge Vipers overated. My buddy had one and the thing constantly broke. Not to mention there 80grand and the parts are a million bucks. 500hp big deal, for 30 less you could have a corvette with 400 that'll kick the shit outa it. i cant wait for the new ZO6 with 500, can you say Supercar for 75. Hell that same guy with the viper has a lingenfelter vette with 787 rwhp that has only broken an axle shaft after 28 runs on the dragstrip and countless hours of street driving, and this car runs 9's

11.023@121.59mph w/ 1.491 60' (all motor)
"All Throttle, No Bottle"
2001 CamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #2
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 CamaroZ28
is it just me, or are Dodge Vipers overated. My buddy had one and the thing constantly broke. Not to mention there 80grand and the parts are a million bucks. 500hp big deal, for 30 less you could have a corvette with 400 that'll kick the shit outa it. i cant wait for the new ZO6 with 500, can you say Supercar for 75. Hell that same guy with the viper has a lingenfelter vette with 787 rwhp that has only broken an axle shaft after 28 runs on the dragstrip and countless hours of street driving, and this car runs 9's

THis is me in my buddy's GTS. I've loved them since they first came out in '96.

More exotic than the Vette, more exclusive than teh Vette, and simply more appealing to me. Don't get me wrong, I love Corvettes, especially the new Zo6 (and classics), but there just isnt' the emotional connection to them for me.

But then again, I don't have to show my support for one car by saying everything that isn't my favorites suck. Too bad you're so small minded you have to.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

I like the Viper GTS...I dont like the new Viper GTS...and I am sure many will say that it's better...it seems like much hasnt changed...which to some is good...if it aint broke dont fix it...but the ZO6 jumped alot from 385, to 405, to now 505hp so...the Viper staying at 500hp and only jumping from its previous 450hp...is not that impressive to me.

It's almost the same interior and same exterior w/a few minor cues changed...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...RT10-Coupe.htm

the new ZO6 is more my taste...right now..and at almost 70k is almost as exclusive as the 85k Viper SRT10

Old 06-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
Oomba
Banned

Someone with enough money to buy a Viper shouldnt have to worry about repair costs.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #5
Bino
Written Off

Someone who shelled out that much money for a car shouldn't have to be concerned about it breaking...
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #6
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
Someone who shelled out that much money for a car shouldn't have to be concerned about it breaking...

Sorry, that attitude is simply silly.

All cars can break, even McLaren F1s. How much you spend on it doesn't matter, ever. Even real expensive, highly engineered items can break. From helicopters to top race cars, to the space shuttle.

That's why there are authorized Porsche and Ferrari service centers...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #7
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:

Its just you. Take this into consideration:

The Dodge Viper GTS should not even be being compared to the Corvette Z06. Neither are supercars, especially the Corvette. If you put the 2 against eachother the Viper would win by a long shot in the quarter mile. Now in road racing it could possibly be a different story because the Dodge Viper is heavier and cant corner as well. As for reliability, the Viper has it hands down. The Corvette feels loose and rattley, it basically feels like your driving a tin can on wheels with alot of horsepower compared to the Viper. Also, the new Z06 even with its 100hp increase, will still be far from a supercar.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:50 AM   #8
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

The ZO6 might be far from a supercar but it has supercar like performance and for half the price...it's beating out a 911 Turbo and other supercars...
Old 06-08-2005, 01:58 AM   #9
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSANSPDR
The ZO6 might be far from a supercar but it has supercar like performance and for half the price...it's beating out a 911 Turbo and other supercars...
With half the reliability of the supercars.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:20 AM   #10
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
With half the reliability of the supercars.

And lack of name. I'd take any Porsche over a Ford GT for the name.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:11 AM   #11
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

I don't think I have to even name my support for this one...

ChrisV, I wish I had a friend like yours. Tell him its a sweet ride!
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:21 AM   #12
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
And lack of name. I'd take any Porsche over a Ford GT for the name.

I touched a Ford GT last week
According to Car and Driver, GM is considering a Corvette SS ... Yep, SS. They say it would probably have at least 575bhp so it can compete with the Ford GT. I can't get a pic of it so just check it out in the june issue of car and driver. They made 1 corvette SS back in '57, heres a pic http://www.seriouswheels.com/1950-19...d-1024x768.htm

In a nutshell, I doubt they'll make the SS, I hope they do but doubt they will. If they don't I would probably still take the Z06

ChrisV: You can't be right all the time. But in case you can, What ever happened to amelia earhart? or my dads z28? I think you just like to prove others wrong and hear yourself talk or perhaps you just have an authority issue!

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac

Last edited by TurboLag : 06-19-2005 at 03:56 AM.
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:36 PM   #13
-What-
Banned

Location: Everywhere! Previous Join Date: Jul 2004 Status: Banned
Quote:
The Dodge Viper GTS should not even be being compared to the Corvette Z06...If you put the 2 against each other the Viper would win by a long shot in the quarter mile...Now in road racing it could possibly be a different story because the Dodge Viper is heavier and cant corner as well.
You must not be talking about the "new" Z06. The 2006 Z06 will have a better power to weight ratio than the Dodge Viper...so there is a good chance that the Z06 will win in a drag race between the two. Also, the Viper has excellent cornering ability. It exceeds 1.00 g on the skidpad and does over 70 mph through the slaloms.

Quote:
As for reliability, the Viper has it hands down. The Corvette feels loose and rattley, it basically feels like your driving a tin can on wheels with alot of horsepower compared to the Viper. Also, the new Z06 even with its 100hp increase, will still be far from a supercar.
From my personal experiences, I believe the Vette to have the less "rattley" ride of the two. The Viper feels like a loud, hot, tin can on wheels. The Vette's ride, especially the new one, is way more civilized than the Viper.

Where are you getting your opinions from son...

I'd prefer to own a post-2003 Viper GTS over any Vette though. But I'd take the new Z06's over a new Viper.
-What- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:27 AM   #14
83transam
Banned

Quote:

Ok you Prob dont own a viper or a corvette....prob never will....and prob never even rode in either so who cares wat you think. ME on the other hand HAS and yes the best zo6 corvette prob is better in most ways then the cheapest viper that you are compairing it to. so try compairing the best corvette to the best viper or the cheapest vette to the cheapest viper. the viper always comes out on top. not say i dont like corvettes my dad has one and i love it
83transam is offline   Reply With Quote