Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2005, 05:15 AM   #1
sinichi
CF Newbie

2001 honda civic lx

Hi I just bought a used 2001 honda civic lx, after 4 days I noticed that there is a squeling noise whenever I step on the gas pedal. I brought it back to the dealer and they replace it with a honda brake pads. they said that the cause of the noise is beacause the pads on the front is not a honda brake pads that's why it making that noise. after they change it on my way home i heard that noise again but not as loud as before. it was making that noise whenever I step on the brakes with a medium force. If I step on it with a very light or very hard there is no noise on it. I wan't to get rid of that noise please help......
sinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinichi
Hi I just bought a used 2001 honda civic lx, after 4 days I noticed that there is a squeling noise whenever I step on the gas pedal. I brought it back to the dealer and they replace it with a honda brake pads. they said that the cause of the noise is beacause the pads on the front is not a honda brake pads that's why it making that noise. after they change it on my way home i heard that noise again but not as loud as before. it was making that noise whenever I step on the brakes with a medium force. If I step on it with a very light or very hard there is no noise on it. I wan't to get rid of that noise please help......

Liars
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:32 PM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinichi
Bit of copper grease usually eliminates brakes sqealing

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote