Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
Vlad
CF Addict

ARGH!!! Back to square one!

I hate this...I was THIS close to getting a 2000 mustang GT. It had only 35k miles on it, and he wanted $11k for it. . I even called the guy, and arranged a time for when I was gonna pick it up. My dad said I could get it if I paid it off myself, and I agreed. Then today he decides its hella fast and I'm gonna kill myself on it, and says that insurance will be too much, even though its gonna be under his name...Then he says it takes too much gas, even though I'm paying for it all!

What really pisses me off is that if it was a japanese car I probably woulda had it, no questions asked. But since it was Ford, and my dad doesnt like american cars, he had to do research first. All his mechanic buddies told him it was a good car, but they also put that I'll kill myself on it. I actually drive fairly carefully, and if I had as nice a car as the Mustang I would be even more careful not to crash it because then I would end up driving a POS.

Anyways...enough ranting. Now I need to find another car, and fast, because the transmission in our minivan broke, and we're just gonna get rid of it instead of spending money on fixing it. Any ideas on the type of car? I want something sporty, but not with tons of power like the mustang GT cuz my dad wont let me get it. I could probably get a v6 mustang, but I don't really want to, because everytime I drive it I'll be thinking "I wish I had the GT."

I'm considering an Integra GS-R, but I find them for 10grand with double or triple the miles that the mustang had. Also, everyone says they are good cars, but they have really low torque...

Any ideas please?
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:25 PM   #2
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

300ZXTT
SC300/SC400
M3
Prelude
Camaro/Firebird

Just throwing some out there.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
Vlad
CF Addict

Like the 300zx, but can't get a two seater. Just not practical for me.

M3 is to expensive, I can't go much above 10k.

Prelude is a possibility, I like em. I'm looking for em right now, but havn't found a good one. I was wondering which is better, the prelude or the integra GSR?

If I can't get a mustang, why would I be able to get a firebird/camaro? Plus the only ones I like are the old ones, but right now I need a newer car that doesn't need restoration.

The Lexus is also too expensive.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:35 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
Like the 300zx, but can't get a two seater. Just not practical for me.

M3 is to expensive, I can't go much above 10k.

Prelude is a possibility, I like em. I'm looking for em right now, but havn't found a good one. I was wondering which is better, the prelude or the integra GSR?

If I can't get a mustang, why would I be able to get a firebird/camaro? Plus the only ones I like are the old ones, but right now I need a newer car that doesn't need restoration.

The Lexus is also too expensive.

300zx comes in 2+2 if you get the non-turbo version. You might come across a 2+2 turbo model because it was swapped in.

You can pickup 95-97 M3's in the $10k-$13k range no problem.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...981&cardist=41

Prelude is better. More power and a little better handling. Plus the h22a engine sees more gains in power per mod than the B18C1.

Maybe in some crazy case your dad would be okay with the Firebird/Camaro. Try it out. The 3.8 V6 models were much better than the 3.8 Mustangs were. Give 'em a try.

Again, you cain easily pickup a '95-'98 SC300 pretty easily for $10k-$12k. They came with 2jz-ge engines If you want to spur for the SC400 check into the '94-'97 years, they came with a 4.0L V8 260hp/270tq stock.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/522849
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/562109

~Blow your mind~

Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 07-26-2005 at 11:38 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

I know the feeling man, you find the perfect car and then at the last minute something queers the deal.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:29 PM   #6
importluva
Obsessed with imports

If you like AWD then look for a Subaru Impreza 2.5rs.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote