Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
mini maniac
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9
Quick Question (s)

Hey there,

I have seen the abuse one of the guys off here has been giving my friends and then giving on our website.
I then see that you have an announcement that advertising is not allowed on this site...

thing's to consider are:-

1. how do you expect to increase your member base if YOU do not advertise??
2. You claim that advertising is not allowed on here yet you all have vehicles in either your user names/signatures or other badges ond or displays where it may be considered as ADVERTISING

seems that you have looked at our website and decided that you may loose every single member from here...not sre why you would think that as we are a south england based club/website

I might suggest you try again and this time be a litte bit more friendly..

there is nothing better than having friends...

there is a book you should look up and subsequently read it's called
HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE

Ciao for now

Sam
mini maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
93ranger
Banned
 
93ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 68
Well the forum rules say that advertising is not allowed so, why do it?
93ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #3
mini maniac
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ranger
Well the forum rules say that advertising is not allowed so, why do it?

but the rules do not state what is acceptable and what is not acceptable

what harm does it do?

think of this

how did i find this site if it was not for one of the members from here advertising it

it's a case of what goes around comes a round
mini maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:53 PM   #4
cossiemattx2c
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2
<Advert Removed>

Last edited by Cliffy : 07-27-2005 at 08:36 PM.
cossiemattx2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Putting our cars in our sig is NOT advertising. It's showing off what we own. None of us who have cars in our sig have intentions to advertise our car. Advertising is what you see at the very top of the forums trying to get us to go to some honda parts page and what not. That's the sites advertising, period. We dont forum thread advertising because it takes away from what this forum is all about. Talking about cars and getting facts and opinions. NOT trying to sell you some stupid $39.95 device or sales all over the place from car dealerships (STOP posting these whoever was/is... we all know the car industry is hurting like crap right now and we can get our Escalade for $20k off!!!).

And I see you said the rules didnt state what exactly is/isnt advertising. Well, you're a grown man, cant you figure this out on your own? Man, it's like people who sue bike companies who ride their bike at night and get hit at night then blame it on the company because there is no warning sticker on the bike about riding it at night. In the words of Thomas Paine: COMMON SENSE!

__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~


Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 07-27-2005 at 03:54 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
mini maniac
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Putting our cars in our sig is NOT advertising. It's showing off what we own. None of us who have cars in our sig have intentions to advertise our car. Advertising is what you see at the very top of the forums trying to get us to go to some honda parts page and what not. That's the sites advertising, period. We dont forum thread advertising because it takes away from what this forum is all about. Talking about cars and getting facts and opinions. NOT trying to sell you some stupid $39.95 device or sales all over the place from car dealerships (STOP posting these whoever was/is... we all know the car industry is hurting like crap right now and we can get our Escalade for $20k off!!!).

And I see you said the rules didnt state what exactly is/isnt advertising. Well, you're a grown man, cant you figure this out on your own? Man, it's like people who sue bike companies who ride their bike at night and get hit at night then blame it on the company because there is no warning sticker on the bike about riding it at night. In the words of Thomas Paine: COMMON SENSE!



fair enough fella however all my friends have doen is advertise a British website and then they get abuse and then our forums get littered with tonnes of abuse

there are minors that use our website and i don't feel that the kind of language that has been displayed is suitable

Some of us work for government agencies over here (me included) and we cannot afford our webmarshals blocking our access to our site due to explicit content

Sam
mini maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:04 PM   #7
cossiemattx2c
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2
<Advert Removed>

Last edited by Cliffy : 07-27-2005 at 08:37 PM.
cossiemattx2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:08 PM   #8
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
No ads at CF. Thats a rule. Take those ads out of your names and sigs, or you will be banned. Thats the rules.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #9
mini maniac
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
No ads at CF. Thats a rule. Take those ads out of your names and sigs, or you will be banned. Thats the rules.


and you name does not have an advert in it??? mr STi Man

what is wrong with advertising another car modification community based in the UK
what is the harm???

please tell me

i'd love to know

if you can actually come up with a valid reason then i shall stop asking

cheers

sam
mini maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:15 PM   #10
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini maniac
fair enough fella however all my friends have doen is advertise a British website and then they get abuse and then our forums get littered with tonnes of abuse

well, you guys get abuse for advertising because it is illegal in our forums. Even if it doesn't specify what is legal and what is not, come on, lets use some common sense. do you really think we'd let someone come in and advertise their own forum? that would be like having a Taco Bell ad in a McDonalds. we, the people of CF, do not appreciate people coming in and promoting their own companies or forums. granted, there may be no harm in your view, but to us it is a waste of bandwidth, and is in violation of the rules of CF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini maniac
there are minors that use our website and i don't feel that the kind of language that has been displayed is suitable

well, then its your responsibility to either censor what is being said on your forum or prevcent minors from seeing said offensive material. this is a free country, we can say what we want without censorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini maniac
Some of us work for government agencies over here (me included) and we cannot afford our webmarshals blocking our access to our site due to explicit content

see the previous statement made by me.

thank you for your understanding, and have a nice day.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.