Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2005, 03:36 AM   #1
thekid
CF Newbie

First Car?

Hey im just wondering what you guys would think the best car would be for me. I deff want a stick(i already know how to drive it so dont worry about trans wear), i want something thats going to put out some power but something thats not going to empty my bank account. I plan to put some ups into whatever i get because i dont want to buy a first car just to beat up for a few years. I really like mitsus but i understand there quite a few problems with them but im intrested in anything except any kind of civic. Mainly im looking for something that looks good first of all or will look good with some work (my dad owns a sign company so graphics = free for me ) something with good performance that will get me moving, and something not super crazy price. Since its my first car im looking to spend in the $6500 range.
Thanks in advance for any advise.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:55 AM   #2
Bino
Written Off

OK, here's my advice... don't put graphics on a car... ricer.

My other advice, buy an Eclipse/Talon/Laser, they don't have problems unless you ignore the maintenance on them. A small displacement high output car will require routine maintenance. Get a factory turbo version of any of the above mentioned cars... and be happy .
Old 07-29-2005, 05:51 AM   #3
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

on the graphics thing ... a lot of people will say "it's too rice" etc etc ... but it depends on what you use i guess. Don't put anything on it that makes it look like it's trying to be a race car.

if you've just got a beat up runabout, then put something crazy on it ...

Just be willing to not take it too seriously.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:27 AM   #4
Vlad
CF Addict

I just got a prelude for my first car, and love it. I paid 8k for it though, and thats 1.5k under blue book. Its a 98 with 77k miles. Try to find like a 94 VTEC and you might get it in your price range. Looks awesome, good acceleration, great handling.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote