Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #1
95civicdima
CF Addict

Your car is as fast as long as your wallet is big agreed?

Okay i've been hearing a lot of shit over the years that this car sucks that car sucks i have this...it'll beat that..this and this and this. The whole point of this is to discuss cars and speed and most impotantly price. It all comes down to price. In my opinion (please keep that in mind) a car is as fast at it cost. My civic didn't cost a lot so i don't expect it to be outrageously fast. A mustang that cost someone 20k is going to be fast as shit. Of course there are those people who are good at bargaining and can ease their way through someone and buy for a fraction of the price, but lets take that factor away and lets talk about dealers. You walk into a dealership and you want a fast car what the dealer is going to ask you "how much you got?" right? So please lets discuss this fact i think this is important to all.
95civicdima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Not necessarily. Your Civic could be made into an enjoyable racer for no more than 10k or so. ChrisV has said he made a 600 HP car for 5k total. Price doesn't determine how fast your car is, it determines how desirable the seller thinks that the car is.

Last edited by hondaman : 07-29-2005 at 07:55 PM.
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:06 PM   #3
72firebird
Banned

yea. its not always about price. when it comes to brand new of the dealership stock cars. then yea you get what you pay for of course. but in the real market as long as you got know how you can get things done relatively cheap. thats why junkyards and places like pick and pull can be my best friend. and getting cheap parts from family members off there cars help too. but you point is visable when it comes to buying brand new cars. but its starts losing its creditability when you start talking about used or older cars.

put it this way i got my firebird for 1300. brand new hondas cost like what 16-17gs. so from your statement a honda would smoke my car. and that its just an all around faster car than mine. we all know thats not true. but of course a brand new 60g zo6 is gonna be faster than a 17g civic. (not to mention the fact that the z06 is a full on performance car and that a stock civic is more of a sedan.)
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
72firebird
Banned

but even then it has its exceptions. i dont know the exact prices on porches but my guess is that a 911 carrera (non turbo) costs more than the zo6 and isnt as fast. im not sure but i think even the turbo might be slower than the new zo6.
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
95civicdima
CF Addict

I definetly agree with both of you. I know this because my brother had a corolla 92 dx. Over time he put about 5g in it and i'm telling you it's fast! I've seen all of that and i agree completely, but that's not my point. I see a lot of people being stupid because they flash their cars around but they pay SO ****ing much. Yea your car is going to be fast if you keep pumping not gas but money into it. I'm not stupid, but i'm not a car guru either. I just think that people should understand that more money you put in the faster your car will be.
95civicdima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #6
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
I definetly agree with both of you. I know this because my brother had a corolla 92 dx. Over time he put about 5g in it and i'm telling you it's fast! I've seen all of that and i agree completely, but that's not my point. I see a lot of people being stupid because they flash their cars around but they pay SO ****ing much. Yea your car is going to be fast if you keep pumping not gas but money into it. I'm not stupid, but i'm not a car guru either. I just think that people should understand that more money you put in the faster your car will be.

^^True. But it's more out of vanity and self absorbtion that they say that. I don't know specifically what instance you may be reffering to, but I guarantee that in most cases there is a way to make a car smoke theirs away, while costing significantly less.

But you're right though, if someone comes up to you with a Corvette or something, and feels all proud because they have a faster car than you, then they have a problem. People need to understand a car's intentions before they start bragging. Take your car for example. While I'm sure you would love to make it faster, as it is now, it's intention is only to provide safe, reliable, efficient transportation. At that, I'm sure it suceeds well. A Corvette or other exotic sports car's intention is to go very fast, very noticably. Now should you choose to modify your car to make it faster, then it's intentions would be different. Then maybe others would be able to say, truthfully or not, "my car could go faster than yours" without looking like a complete moron.