Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2005, 03:52 AM   #1
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Exclamation MAD Tuners

MAD Tuners

Welcome to MAD tuners, one of the few racing clubs in the city on nothing but a high school budget. Joined together for one mission, cars, MAD tuners are the best example of what can be done with determination and ridiculously impossible ideas. MAD tuners include Mike, Alex, and Dmitry.

Mike
Vehicle Information:
• 1999 Nissan Altima GXE
• 110,000 miles
• EXT Color= Gold INT Color=Grey
• Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
• Engine: 2.4L 140 Horsepower I4
• Nickname= Altimate Nissan

Upgrade Specifications:
• Cold Air Intake System
• Street Glow Variable Color under lighting
• Interior LED Lighting
• Racing Pedals
• 17’inch rims
• Low profile tires by Bridgestone
• 20% Black window tint
• JVC Head unit, Pioneer speakers, 2x10” Kicker SUBS

Biography:
Mike is probably MAD’s least knowledgeable racer. However, with a Nissan, he doesn’t seem to mind. Despite having a second generation car, he is proud of what he drives, and is determined to be the best. The Cold Air Intake system (Injen V2) gives him a slight advantage over the other racers at the engine, but at the wheels Alex’s Neon is the best performer balancing 150 horses and light weight. Mostly, however, Mike is known for his car looks upgrades. With both interior and under-car lighting, you can’t miss him rolling around with the system blasting. However there are more plans for the future (Vinyl, lips, and maybe even a full blown BOMEX Wide body kit). So, if you see a car flying right by with you while glowing blue, its good old Slio having a night on the town

Alex

Vehicle Information:
• 1998 Dodge Neon Sport Package
• 70,000 miles
• EXT Color=Dark Green INT Color=grey
• Transmission: 3-Speed Automatic
• Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC 150/133
• Nickname= Darkside

Upgrade Specifications:
• VENOM CPU Upgrade
• Port and Polish
• Gutted Interior
• Racing Pedals
• AEM Cold Air Intake
• Factory Rims
• Michelin Performer Tires
• XENON Headlight Conversion
• 20% Black Tint
• Custom sound includes 8 hidden speakers and 2 hidden subs

Biography:
MAD’s leader and founder, Alex is also arguably the most knowledgeable in the group. The Neon may seem puny, but underneath the hood it’s pumping a healthy 250 ponies and then some more at the wheels. The CPU is probably the most noted performance upgrade done in the underestimated domestic. If he goes from automatic to manual (which is being thought over right now), I wouldn’t even think of looking at that car. Not being a fan of stereotypical tuners he doesn’t have distasteful body kits and a muffler or a huge wing, but just a good old fashioned fun to drive car.
The intriguing style and performance of the car makes him arguably the fastest neon in Philly and maybe all of the east coast. Driving the only Sleeper in the group, he can easily fool a Prelude or a Tiburon into losing with a huge embarrassment even with the automatic trans. Challenging Alex is the same as pulling up to him, opening your window, and tossing him a bundle of greens; well, same result anyway.

Dmitry

Vehicle Information:
• 1995 Honda Civic
• 140,000 miles
• EXT Color= Black INT Color= Custom stitchcraft black/white
• Transmission:4-Speed Automatic getting transferred to a custom 6-Speed stanadard
• Engine: 1.6L I4 VTEC 125/117
• Nickname= Moneymaker

Upgrade Specifics:
• Cold Air Intake System
• Borla Exhaust
• Custom Interior
• Interior Lighting
• 17’inch rims
• Low profile tires
• 30% tinting
• Custom subwoofer enclosure leaves no trunk space

Biography:
Dmitry is MAD’s most knowledgably person in electric features. Don’t let the high mileage fool you, Dmitry drives no lemon. His CAI and soon coming 6-Speed will easily make him the local killer. Add in the new transmission and you might as well give in your license.
Dmitry’s performance upgrades, which still include major future plans, are well combined with his style upgrades. Tinting and interior lighting combined with impressive-looking 17’ rims are fun to look at. But don’t get used to it! If you even think of racing him, get used to the “back view” and looking at the bumper sticker reading “Blow me Ricer”
Conclusion

We are MAD Tuners, Philadelphia’s finest. Tuning is not just what we do, it’s who we are and if you have any doubts and some extra cash to throw away, then you’re welcome to come get some and find out for yourself!
6000LE is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 04:09 AM   #2
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
How exactly does the Neon have more horsepower at the wheels than at the crank?
Oomba is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 04:14 AM   #3
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
How exactly does the Neon have more horsepower at the wheels than at the crank?

whoops
thats supposed to be the other way around
even more at the engine than the wheels *
6000LE is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 04:15 AM   #4
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
I see, and the Civic with the interior lighting and rims doesnt think hes a ricer? I see.
Oomba is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 05:13 AM   #5
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
I see, and the Civic with the interior lighting and rims doesnt think hes a ricer? I see.

yo shut the **** up and stop talking shit
i mean hes not a ricer because he doesnt hvae a 12 inch wing and a widebody kit
interior lighting is just for fun
and the rims are lightweight racing wheels
so suck a dick
youre getting almost as bad as C4
a car doesnt have to be a sleeper to not be rice u asshole
rice means all show no go
hes got plenty of go and more on the way
so evfen if he does get a widebody kit which will get him booted from the club
hes still not gona be a ricer
6000LE is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 08:05 AM   #6
black_plague
CF Enthusiast
 
black_plague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lakehurst,NJ...unfortunately
Posts: 182
im just wondering is this a serious post?j/w..... its my del sol
__________________
sucksquishbangblow

Last edited by black_plague : 07-31-2005 at 12:41 AM.
black_plague is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #7
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
yo shut the **** up and stop talking shit
i mean hes not a ricer because he doesnt hvae a 12 inch wing and a widebody kit
interior lighting is just for fun
and the rims are lightweight racing wheels
so suck a dick
youre getting almost as bad as C4
a car doesnt have to be a sleeper to not be rice u asshole
rice means all show no go
hes got plenty of go and more on the way
so evfen if he does get a widebody kit which will get him booted from the club
hes still not gona be a ricer

Yes he would be. You're saying theres no such thing as a riced Supra? Cause I've seen some bad ones, and they have plenty of go.
Oomba is offline  
Old 07-30-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
silvia_star
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 221
what is up with you guys with rice? i dont know why you guys call it that, but i think thats a gay word. people have their own style. some goes for looks, and some goes for speed. people who go for looks is probably wondering why people who go with speed, go for speed. and people with speed is probably wondering that, why would people with looks, go for looks. so what, who cares if it has a big wing, a bodykits, or gots the speed. if your gonna diss them, then look at the magazines. that must mean that your dissing them too, right? they got bodykits, vinyls, a wing, and speed. im pretty sure your car is not as fast as theirs...unless you know, you got some bling bling...
silvia_star is offline  
Old 08-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #9
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
MAD Tuners

Welcome to MAD tuners, one of the few racing clubs in the city on nothing but a high school budget. Joined together for one mission, cars, MAD tuners are the best example of what can be done with determination and ridiculously impossible ideas. MAD tuners include Mike, Alex, and Dmitry.

Mike
Vehicle Information:
• 1999 Nissan Altima GXE
• 110,000 miles
• EXT Color= Gold INT Color=Grey
• Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
• Engine: 2.4L 140 Horsepower I4
• Nickname= Altimate Nissan

Upgrade Specifications:
• Cold Air Intake System
• Street Glow Variable Color under lighting
• Interior LED Lighting
• Racing Pedals
• 17’inch rims
• Low profile tires by Bridgestone
• 20% Black window tint
• JVC Head unit, Pioneer speakers, 2x10” Kicker SUBS

Biography:
Mike is probably MAD’s least knowledgeable racer. However, with a Nissan, he doesn’t seem to mind. Despite having a second generation car, he is proud of what he drives, and is determined to be the best. The Cold Air Intake system (Injen V2) gives him a slight advantage over the other racers at the engine, but at the wheels Alex’s Neon is the best performer balancing 150 horses and light weight. Mostly, however, Mike is known for his car looks upgrades. With both interior and under-car lighting, you can’t miss him rolling around with the system blasting. However there are more plans for the future (Vinyl, lips, and maybe even a full blown BOMEX Wide body kit). So, if you see a car flying right by with you while glowing blue, its good old Slio having a night on the town

Alex

Vehicle Information:
• 1998 Dodge Neon Sport Package
• 70,000 miles
• EXT Color=Dark Green INT Color=grey
• Transmission: 3-Speed Automatic
• Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC 150/133
• Nickname= Darkside

Upgrade Specifications:
• VENOM CPU Upgrade
• Port and Polish
• Gutted Interior
• Racing Pedals
• AEM Cold Air Intake
• Factory Rims
• Michelin Performer Tires
• XENON Headlight Conversion
• 20% Black Tint
• Custom sound includes 8 hidden speakers and 2 hidden subs

Biography:
MAD’s leader and founder, Alex is also arguably the most knowledgeable in the group. The Neon may seem puny, but underneath the hood it’s pumping a healthy 250 ponies and then some more at the wheels. The CPU is probably the most noted performance upgrade done in the underestimated domestic. If he goes from automatic to manual (which is being thought over right now), I wouldn’t even think of looking at that car. Not being a fan of stereotypical tuners he doesn’t have distasteful body kits and a muffler or a huge wing, but just a good old fashioned fun to drive car.
The intriguing style and performance of the car makes him arguably the fastest neon in Philly and maybe all of the east coast. Driving the only Sleeper in the group, he can easily fool a Prelude or a Tiburon into losing with a huge embarrassment even with the automatic trans. Challenging Alex is the same as pulling up to him, opening your window, and tossing him a bundle of greens; well, same result anyway.

Dmitry

Vehicle Information:
• 1995 Honda Civic
• 140,000 miles
• EXT Color= Black INT Color= Custom stitchcraft black/white
• Transmission:4-Speed Automatic getting transferred to a custom 6-Speed stanadard
• Engine: 1.6L I4 VTEC 125/117
• Nickname= Moneymaker

Upgrade Specifics:
• Cold Air Intake System
• Borla Exhaust
• Custom Interior
• Interior Lighting
• 17’inch rims
• Low profile tires
• 30% tinting
• Custom subwoofer enclosure leaves no trunk space

Biography:
Dmitry is MAD’s most knowledgably person in electric features. Don’t let the high mileage fool you, Dmitry drives no lemon. His CAI and soon coming 6-Speed will easily make him the local killer. Add in the new transmission and you might as well give in your license.
Dmitry’s performance upgrades, which still include major future plans, are well combined with his style upgrades. Tinting and interior lighting combined with impressive-looking 17’ rims are fun to look at. But don’t get used to it! If you even think of racing him, get used to the “back view” and looking at the bumper sticker reading “Blow me Ricer”
Conclusion

We are MAD Tuners, Philadelphia’s finest. Tuning is not just what we do, it’s who we are and if you have any doubts and some extra cash to throw away, then you’re welcome to come get some and find out for yourself!


Mike here. I feel this shit has gone on long enough. We all spent hours arguing, now let's all spend 10 minutes reading this. What really happened is this: When I started driving the Altima, I need some major help of what to tune. Alex (600LE Beast) provided me with all my knowledge. We started a joke club (then called AM Tuners). I thought this was just a joke, its not like we street race every day. Dmitry then joined and we became MAD Tuners. Just about everything Alex has described is not yet true. • Cold Air Intake System
• Street Glow Variable Color under lighting
• Interior LED Lighting
• Racing Pedals
• 17’inch rims
• Low profile tires by Bridgestone
• 20% Black window tint
• JVC Head unit, Pioneer speakers, 2x10” Kicker SUBS

My CAI is getting installed in a few weeks. All the lighting is true. But, I don't have the rims and low profile tires. My stereo is getting installed soon (speaking of which please check out my other thread, I need one last opinion from you). I have big plans for the car, but about half of that is just plans. Alex got his Neon just yesterday. He has major plans for it and I can assure you it will be mad hot, but for now it's just stock. Every mod he mentioned is coming up. Dmitry is the most honest of all our groups. He is also the only one of us completely paying for his car and insurance and now a new transmission. Therefore, his car is currently all stock too. But rest assured, once he saves up some greens, it's gonna be mad hot too!
Nissan_Altima is offline  
Old 08-02-2005, 11:00 PM   #10
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
We all have huge plans for our cars and they will be just as good as they were mentioned, but just not yet. When Alex originally posted the thread, I thought he'd mention it was all just plans and not yet reality. When he didn't and the thread grew to 17 pages, I had to say the truth so here it is.

Two more things. Firstly, the term "ricer" is being used to ignorantly here. Some people like speed, some like looks. I, for one, like looks cause I want a car that looks cool. I don't need to run a 1/4 in 10 seconds. Let's face it, how many people here make it out to an actual track and race on a strip? I don't see what's so wrong with that, to each his own.

Lastly, thank you to all the people that are actually nice (72firebird, Hondaman, just to name a few). All the haters suck. Oomba, you in particular seem very ignorant. You critize everyone but don't hand out too much help. Your knowledge of cars might be impressive (I don't know much about you so can't judge) but if you act like a f###-head about it then it won't matter anyway. I hope you read this and thanks for understand, now enough hating and let's just learn.

Nissan_Altima
Nissan_Altima is offline  
Old 08-02-2005, 11:01 PM   #11
93ranger
Banned
 
93ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 68
You forgot 99integra aka 93ranger
93ranger is offline  
Old 08-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #12
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
The last sentence should read: I hope you all read this and thanks for understanding, now enough hating and let's just learn.
Nissan_Altima is offline  
Old 08-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #13
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Heh, sorry if I left anyone out. It'd be a long list if I read through the whole forum and wrote everyone down.
Nissan_Altima is offline  
Old 08-03-2005, 01:43 AM   #14
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
We all have huge plans for our cars and they will be just as good as they were mentioned, but just not yet. When Alex originally posted the thread, I thought he'd mention it was all just plans and not yet reality. When he didn't and the thread grew to 17 pages, I had to say the truth so here it is.

Two more things. Firstly, the term "ricer" is being used to ignorantly here. Some people like speed, some like looks. I, for one, like looks cause I want a car that looks cool. I don't need to run a 1/4 in 10 seconds. Let's face it, how many people here make it out to an actual track and race on a strip? I don't see what's so wrong with that, to each his own.

Lastly, thank you to all the people that are actually nice (72firebird, Hondaman, just to name a few). All the haters suck. Oomba, you in particular seem very ignorant. You critize everyone but don't hand out too much help. Your knowledge of cars might be impressive (I don't know much about you so can't judge) but if you act like a f###-head about it then it won't matter anyway. I hope you read this and thanks for understand, now enough hating and let's just learn.

Nissan_Altima

I criticize to help. People need to understand that unless you are dumping shitloads of money into a car thats intended for economy purposes, its not going to be fast. Posting pictures of cars in SCCA doesnt help an argument, because alot of money goes into those cars, more than any of us can afford, to make them run 12s, 11s, 10s, and so on.

Looks over power = ricer. If thats what you wanna be, thats fine. But expect criticism for it.
Oomba is offline  
Old 08-03-2005, 02:04 AM   #15
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
I criticize to help. People need to understand that unless you are dumping shitloads of money into a car thats intended for economy purposes, its not going to be fast. Posting pictures of cars in SCCA doesnt help an argument, because alot of money goes into those cars, more than any of us can afford, to make them run 12s, 11s, 10s, and so on.

Looks over power = ricer. If thats what you wanna be, thats fine. But expect criticism for it.

you might feel that way
but others do not
now that you have clearly stated your argument i respect you for it
insteda of just saying that civics suck
6000LE is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.