Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #1
Firetiger
CF Newbie

Manifold renault laguna

Hi eveeryone one, this is my first post on the forum. My names Alan and i come from Scotland. Ive just purchased a renault laguna 1600 and I have founfd that there is a crack in the exhaust manifold. I priced a new one and I couldnt believe they were 480. Ive tried dealers for a second hand one but every single one said that almost every single one they get already is cracked. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a contact number/website addy where I might get a new one cheaper or better still a second hand one thats not already cracked. Why on earth have Renault not done something about this if its such a common problem? Thanks in advance for any help recieved.
Firetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
fudge
let's fighting love

Have you tried your local scrapyard/car breaker??

If you still can't find any uncracked then try aftermarket ones like Ashley. The quality is unknown but at least you have a non cracked manifold.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
Firetiger
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
Have you tried your local scrapyard/car breaker??

If you still can't find any uncracked then try aftermarket ones like Ashley. The quality is unknown but at least you have a non cracked manifold.

Thank for that mate, have you by any chance got a contact number/web site where I can purchase an aftermarket one? PS strange coincidence my nicknames fudge too lol
Firetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:27 PM   #4
fudge
let's fighting love

Don't know any places in Scotland that supply it. I remember getting a catalogue from POTN (tel 0845 3459755 ) that does these kind of stuff.

I hope they do delivery as I don't think you'll want to travel down to Northampton to get it
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote