Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2005, 01:00 AM   #1
Filibuster
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7
Lancer Ralliart as a first car?

Well a Lan Evo is definitely too much as a first car. Do you guys think a Ralliart is good enough? Is not as expensive as Lan Evo, in terms of the car price and maintnenace. However, everyone is telling me to get a used car, since it's my first car. I'm wondering do I MUST need to get a used car? I just want a car that's between economical and sporty.
Filibuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #2
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race
 
HyundaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Posts: 674
get a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 ('89 - '91), they're sporty, have a 4G63T and have the same specs as an Evo/GSR/RalliArt.. well.. not the exact same.. but close..

some people refer to them as an Evolution Zero, i call them an E39A.

also, the E39A might be hard to find, so possibally a Lancer GSR (basically a Evolution 1) could be in the grasp, they're a 230hp, 1.8ltr DOHC, EFI, Turbo, Intercooled, 4WD/AWD, 5spd Manual.

do some research on those cars! , try researching the E39A and the CE9A, both top competitors.
__________________



If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:50 AM   #3
VG30DE
CF Enthusiast
 
VG30DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 233
Well an Evo and a Ralliart are completely different. Test drive as much as possible and then decide. I personally would look elsewhere than a Lancer as a first car and you certainly don't have to buy used if you don't want to and if you can afford it. Do you think you can't handle a fast car or do you just want something moderately sporty?
__________________
Wide Open and Sideways...
VG30DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:55 AM   #4
Solar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy
get a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 ('89 - '91), they're sporty, have a 4G63T and have the same specs as an Evo/GSR/RalliArt.. well.. not the exact same.. but close..

some people refer to them as an Evolution Zero, i call them an E39A.

also, the E39A might be hard to find, so possibally a Lancer GSR (basically a Evolution 1) could be in the grasp, they're a 230hp, 1.8ltr DOHC, EFI, Turbo, Intercooled, 4WD/AWD, 5spd Manual.

do some research on those cars! , try researching the E39A and the CE9A, both top competitors.

Wow, don't listen to this complete tool. This guy is suggesting a 15 year old car as opposed to a brand-new car? Than u say they have the same specs so he should look at it? What kind of dumbass are you? sorry but idiots like this should be banned.
Solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:59 AM   #5
Filibuster
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7
Moderately sporty is good enough. Maybe is just personal preference, but I find the Lancer to fit my need as somewhat economic as oppose to other sports car(Lan EVO) and gives that sporty sensation. Once again, moderately sporty is good enough for me.
Filibuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:12 AM   #6
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Unless you have parents who will drop down that kind of money for you get a used car. If you like Mitsu, try Eclipses up to 99.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:06 AM   #7
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar
Wow, don't listen to this complete tool. This guy is suggesting a 15 year old car as opposed to a brand-new car? Than u say they have the same specs so he should look at it? What kind of dumbass are you? sorry but idiots like this should be banned.

Coming from someone who claimed to have an Enzo along with 20 other top notch cars, only to find out he doesn't even know enough to lie about them, I don't think you should be talking.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Coming from someone who claimed to have an Enzo along with 20 other top notch cars, only to find out he doesn't even know enough to lie about them, I don't think you should be talking.

well said dude
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #9
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race
 
HyundaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar
Wow, don't listen to this complete tool. This guy is suggesting a 15 year old car as opposed to a brand-new car? Than u say they have the same specs so he should look at it? What kind of dumbass are you? sorry but idiots like this should be banned.

i'm guessin' the reason for hating imports so much is because you drive a fuct beetle that can't beat anything slower then a shopping trolley?

seriously, you're a pain in the ****ing ass already, go to ****ing hell you stupid ****ing peice of shit, seriously got me flamed now cunt.
__________________



If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #10
VG30DE
CF Enthusiast
 
VG30DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 233
Sporty cars eh? and newer? Here's a list for ya.

Nissan Sentra SE-R
Honda Civic Si
Mazdaspeed Protoge
Acura RSX
Subaru Impreza 2.5RS/WRX

These cars are light, moderately powerful, and lots of fun. They all have functional space as well. They aren't as aggressive as the EVO but they aren't going to lose stoplight races to average econocars with altezzas and fart cannons. Have fun test driving .
__________________
Wide Open and Sideways...
VG30DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:44 AM   #11
relicensed
CF Enthusiast
 
relicensed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NZ
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy
get a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 ('89 - '91), they're sporty, have a 4G63T and have the same specs as an Evo/GSR/RalliArt.. well.. not the exact same.. but close..

some people refer to them as an Evolution Zero, i call them an E39A.


do some research on those cars! , try researching the E39A and the CE9A, both top competitors.
Just to point out, they only called the 91 model the evo zero, it was the light weight, bigger turbo, front mount i/c with bigger injectors. Also in general the old galant vr-4s had the stronger engines than the early evos. stronger casing and internals, just a way heavyer car unfortunatley.

Just my opinion but, if you were to buy an old car? I'd forget trying to find an old galant in good condition (hard to find as rocking horse shit), but an evo3 would be a better bet! more power, more potential and wouldn't cost you much more. Also with just a couple grand thrown in you would end up beating the big boys in the new cars.
But then again, it's your first car so buy a shitter and learn how to drive first!

Solar ya little b**ch? come and play mommies and daddies with me!
you can be daddy!
now come here and suck momies c**k!

Last edited by relicensed : 08-13-2005 at 03:52 AM.
relicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:04 PM   #12
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filibuster
Well a Lan Evo is definitely too much as a first car. Do you guys think a Ralliart is good enough? Is not as expensive as Lan Evo, in terms of the car price and maintnenace. However, everyone is telling me to get a used car, since it's my first car. I'm wondering do I MUST need to get a used car? I just want a car that's between economical and sporty.

Wait for the new '06 Civic Si coming out very soon. 200hp, LSD and 6spd tranny. Probably the best car in that segment under $20k.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #13
Vlad
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 278
Quote:
Sporty cars eh? and newer? Here's a list for ya.
Nissan Sentra SE-R
Honda Civic Si
Mazdaspeed Protoge
Acura RSX
Subaru Impreza 2.5RS/WRX

These cars are light, moderately powerful, and lots of fun. They all have functional space as well.


Good list, if u got the RSX might also add the integra. I'm gonna also suggest a 5th genereation prelude (97-01). I have one and I love it, and its moderately sporty like you want, has good acceleration and great handling. Lots of room in the front, but in the back seat people are going to be cramped. Especially if its a tall driver like me and slides the seat all the way back, there is no leg room back there.

One more thing though, I have friends with both a 2000 civic Si and an RSX, and the thing about "functional space" doesn't really apply to the back seat.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #14
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
Good list, if u got the RSX might also add the integra

I love you
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:31 PM   #15
VG30DE
CF Enthusiast
 
VG30DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 233
For the Hondas, I meant funtional as in hatch/trunk space with the back seats folded down. The sedans are definitely better for more people .
__________________
Wide Open and Sideways...
VG30DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.