Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
Speed Demon
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 25
restoring a 1976 mustang cobra

HI im new to restoring cars and this forum. Me and my dad just bought a 1976 mustang and i want to get the most power out of it as i can. everything else in the car is in fairly good condition. I also want to say that i dont have a lot of money so can u give me some names of engine parts or brands that are cheap thanx!
Speed Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot
 
SlipKnoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,066
Well if you want cheap, I would suggest using Edelbrock stuff all the way around.
__________________
1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo [Projekt Redline]
Mods: Airbox delete w/ K&N cone, hollowed cat, Fidanza short throw.
HOW FAST!?...we'll find out this summer.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:23 AM   #3
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Demon
HI im new to restoring cars and this forum. Me and my dad just bought a 1976 mustang and i want to get the most power out of it as i can. everything else in the car is in fairly good condition. I also want to say that i dont have a lot of money so can u give me some names of engine parts or brands that are cheap thanx!

what motor/trans, etc?
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:28 AM   #4
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot
 
SlipKnoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
what motor/trans, etc?
It would be a 302. But im not to sure of the tranny...a 4 speed automatic perhaps?
__________________
1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo [Projekt Redline]
Mods: Airbox delete w/ K&N cone, hollowed cat, Fidanza short throw.
HOW FAST!?...we'll find out this summer.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:35 AM   #5
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
It would be a 302. But im not to sure of the tranny...a 4 speed automatic perhaps?

idk, you could get the cobra w/ any motor, just about. my friend has a nice 76 cobra w/ a 2.8 4 speed nice looking car, but a dog, espc. since he blew a hole in the side of the tranny...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:46 AM   #6
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot
 
SlipKnoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
idk, you could get the cobra w/ any motor, just about. my friend has a nice 76 cobra w/ a 2.8 4 speed nice looking car, but a dog, espc. since he blew a hole in the side of the tranny...
Wow, thats great I forgot that you could order those cars with any engine. Most of them had the 302 from what Ive seen/experienced though.
__________________
1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo [Projekt Redline]
Mods: Airbox delete w/ K&N cone, hollowed cat, Fidanza short throw.
HOW FAST!?...we'll find out this summer.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:56 AM   #7
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
Wow, thats great I forgot that you could order those cars with any engine. Most of them had the 302 from what Ive seen/experienced though.

it'll have a fi 302 when we're done... so far, it's the only car he's owned that i haven't put an engine in...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.