Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
New TT

I just stumbled upon this pic of the next-gen TT.http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/ima...40206144715147 Sure it'll be bigger and have more power blah blah, but the thing in this pic is just UGLY. Why must such a beautiful car be turned into THAT thing?!?! I know it reflects all the other new Audis, but the other new ones are somewhat good-looking, this thing is just plain ugly. What do you think?
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
drifterv_2000
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 47
I'm not the biggest fan of Audi, but it looks ok, not bad not good.
__________________
Prepare to gorge yourself!

Last edited by drifterv_2000 : 08-19-2005 at 04:16 PM.
drifterv_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:45 PM   #3
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
What are you TALKING about...the old TTs (to me) just seem very.........round. I don't dig them at all, this new one looks kinda like a z4, I like it.
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:51 PM   #4
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
I think it looks pretty good, might look alittle better with a little bit smaller grille but i dont mind it.
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #5
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
What are you TALKING about...the old TTs (to me) just seem very.........round. I don't dig them at all, this new one looks kinda like a z4, I like it.
agreed... the ol TT's looked like a redesigned beetle. The new one looks a lot better. It kinda borders the line between sports car and exotic (keyword: kinda).

__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:08 PM   #6
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
The original was a certified work of art. Freeman Thomas and J Mays pulled design from both the original Auto Union race cars and the Bauhaus school of design, and created some serious artwork. You may have thought it just a "redesigned Beetle" but there's a reason it won so many design awards, and not just from automotive design experts. Art and architectural design experts also praised it.

Which means it HAS to have something going for it designwise.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:12 PM   #7
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
The original was a certified work of art. Freeman Thomas and J Mays pulled design from both the original Auto Union race cars and the Bauhaus school of design, and created some serious artwork. You may have thought it just a "redesigned Beetle" but there's a reason it won so many design awards, and not just from automotive design experts. Art and architectural design experts also praised it.

Which means it HAS to have something going for it designwise.

Really??? I had no idea. Thanks for the enlightenment. But then who designed the Beetle?? Same guys??? They resemble eachother for some odd reason.
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:50 PM   #8
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
The original was a certified work of art. Freeman Thomas and J Mays pulled design from both the original Auto Union race cars and the Bauhaus school of design, and created some serious artwork. You may have thought it just a "redesigned Beetle" but there's a reason it won so many design awards, and not just from automotive design experts. Art and architectural design experts also praised it.

Which means it HAS to have something going for it designwise.

yeah, but some people think that the mona lisa is the most beautiful painting in the world...and I dont.


For me, Even though it may have won so many designs, I just dont like it, Its just not my style.
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #9
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I just stumbled upon this pic of the next-gen TT.http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/ima...40206144715147 Sure it'll be bigger and have more power blah blah, but the thing in this pic is just UGLY. Why must such a beautiful car be turned into THAT thing?!?! I know it reflects all the other new Audis, but the other new ones are somewhat good-looking, this thing is just plain ugly. What do you think?

Looks like they stole some nasty styling headlights form BMW...
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #10
Slapshot
CF Enthusiast
 
Slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orinda, CA
Posts: 126
well... I never liked the TT, to slow for the price, but i did like it's styling, and the name, (my initials ) the new one looks ugly, i dont think i like it at all, in fact i know i dont like it at all.
__________________
13 years old

Bantam "A" team: Oakland Bears (Ice)

Bantam "AA" team: NorCal Rush (In-Line)

A+ Girlfriend

Damn I got it made
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #11
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Chris: After what you posted I expect that the ZTS wont handle as well as a ZX3. As to the Automobile thing: I dont remember when it happened. I think atleast a year ago. I dont remember it having its own article, but it was in the editor's section... Ill look.

10 min later...
Here it is, off the Automobile website: http://www.automobilemag.com/columns...sip/index.html.
I was wrong it was a SVT Focus.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:25 PM   #12
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Looks like they stole some nasty styling headlights form BMW...
HEY you just tryin to start a flame war with me.....I'm tellin mommy!!!!
Well I guess I see your point, but BMW makes them look good.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 10:13 PM   #13
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
HEY you just tryin to start a flame war with me.....I'm tellin mommy!!!!
Well I guess I see your point, but BMW makes them look good.

Eh, the new 5 series headlights look awful. The new 3 series headlights work well.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:29 AM   #14
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Eh, the new 5 series headlights look awful. The new 3 series headlights work well.


i hate the new 5-series headlights. but the 3's headlights...work. I still don't love them (i still prefer the older styles), but they work.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:49 PM   #15
Gizmo
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
but the thing in this pic is just UGLY.

I think the TT isn't that ugly. It has some nice features but it's not the best looking car ever.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.