Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #1
TomazM
CF Newbie

Hybrid vehicles

Hello,
i don't know if I choose the right group, but i would like to know where can i find the best materials about Hybrid Cars and their drive....
cause i have the seminar and diploma of that...
please help me
TomazM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:01 AM   #2
JrDragsterPunk
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomazM
Hello,
i don't know if I choose the right group, but i would like to know where can i find the best materials about Hybrid Cars and their drive....
please help me

hybrid cars suck........and i hate the nature saving enviromentists who wants everyone to start driving these electric powered shit boxes
Old 02-24-2004, 03:15 AM   #3
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDragsterPunk
hybrid cars suck........and i hate the nature saving enviromentists who wants everyone to start driving these electric powered shit boxes

Strong hate words from someone so young and probably not learned in the principles and concerns of the environmentalist or the situation.

Not that I support it either...but I don't hate them...I rather admire someone being so set in their principles to spend more money on a car than really needs to be spent for transportation...in light of their concerns and in what they really get (or not get).

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 05:54 PM   #4
TomazM
CF Newbie

hm... okey, but i need the information and descrtiption about hybrid drive and hybrid electric vehicles... but don't say now: look on the internet, cause there is so many (bad) pages about that, so i would be gratefull if you can help me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Strong hate words from someone so young and probably not learned in the principles and concerns of the environmentalist or the situation.

Not that I support it either...but I don't hate them...I rather admire someone being so set in their principles to spend more money on a car than really needs to be spent for transportation...in light of their concerns and in what they really get (or not get).
TomazM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:06 PM   #5
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Well...try http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/. This is (obviously) the "main" forum for Honda Insight owners. There are a few discussion on going there. I also know of one other site that gives the good and the bad from the owner's perspectives...I'll see if I can find it again.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:01 PM   #6
Car Guy
CF Enthusiast

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....20586&src=News

or go there to
SRT-10
Car Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 06:35 PM   #7
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

What the hell? How ignorant can people really be? Aside from what some people may believe a car is to get your from point A-B in a timely, cost effective and efficient way. I love how people think that all cars are made to be fast and sporty.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:59 AM   #8
lutz
Top-Hat

No fear, hybride doesn't mean pure electric and the electric power just came out of powerplants which using their own sources (sometimes oil, nuclear...). Gasoline and Diesel cars doesn't leave us soon.

Have A Drink On Me!

lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:08 AM   #9
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
What the hell? How ignorant can people really be? Aside from what some people may believe a car is to get your from point A-B in a timely, cost effective and efficient way. I love how people think that all cars are made to be fast and sporty.
I KNOW RIGHT?!
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:07 AM   #10
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
I KNOW RIGHT?!

Hehe DodgeRida67, you crack me up. Its good to see you back posting again . There have been to many people posting crap all over. You and the Hobo need to whip these kids back into shape.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:35 AM   #11
Alexpaths
CF Newbie

What the hell!!!

Quote:

I live in California, and I drive through smog everyday. There is no reason why you should be against hybrids. They are one of the oldest cars (other than steam) originating in the early 1900s. Refering to the Honda Accord Hybrid, they are extremely powerful; refering to trains, the diesel electric hybrid has alot of potential.

I deal with your kind everyday at school. The S-tuner or the classic rod guys who don't understand heads or tails about science, yet think they know everything about engines and performance (guess why the japanese are beating america in automotive technology).

Supercars aren't super because of tradition and conservatism, but involve the creative and progressive mind to apply new and renewed technology...

See the pict below, It's a Toyota Volta HYBRID...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toyota-volta.jpg (35.2 KB, 1 views)
Alexpaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:37 AM   #12
Hot_georgia_'04
CF Newbie

I'm not sure about the progressive mind, but I think many of the folks who take that attitude against hybrid cars just lack information.

I admit not being well informed in performance car specifications or requirements, but am not going to jeer at those who do. (Or even act like it).

When gas reaches $2.50 to $3.00 per gallon by the end of summer I'll be glad that I made some good choices with my car, but I'm no better than anyone else.
We all pump.

Now.....ask me how to maximize fuel economy in whatever you may drive, and I might can help in that regards.
Hot_georgia_'04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 01:33 AM   #13
Acid_burn
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomazM
Hello,
please help me

try the honda web page, they're comin out with some new modles, they brought 3 to my school, they were ok, but im not an environmentalist. i'd prefer a big truck with tons of horse power and lots of smog than a tiny honda with 0 smog, but that's just me

"A prayer for the wild at heart kept in cages"
~Tenissee Williams

Angelina Jolie
Acid_burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:33 AM   #14
mischa
CF Newbie

my mom has a hybrid, and i don't see why someone coudln't like them.

they don't do anything bad to you , infact they help you. they take up less gas so that you can keep your muscle car longer (last estimated gasoline depletion i heard was 2020). i'm upset that i will only be able to keep my gas cars for 15 more years, and i bet a whole bunch of others are too.

So how can you not like what other people drive if it's helping you and not hurting you in any way. i hate SUVs, but that's becasue they block my view when i'm trying to drive. I don't even care that they take up more gas, because the owner pays.

My mom gets 500 miles a tank and doesn't block traffic. why would anyone hate on that. maybe if tthey want to increase this country's oil consumption so we can "free the people of iraq" AKA get good leads to their oil...

or why would someone not care about the environment. maybe i'm just going off more than i would because i've had a few drinks, but if u plan to have any kids, imo the next gen of people are the last. i have a really low negative view of the world. i'm not having kids because of it, and if i do, i'll help out some ones who need adoption.

so stop hating hybrid cars and go get educated.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:29 PM   #15
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa
they take up less gas so that you can keep your muscle car longer (last estimated gasoline depletion i heard was 2020). i'm upset that i will only be able to keep my gas cars for 15 more years, and i bet a whole bunch of others are too.

Not directed at you, but rather where ever you got that from. That's bullshit.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote