Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2004, 09:08 PM   #1
MauditOstie
CF Newbie

Angry Toyota Tercel 1999

It hasen't been running for 1 week (temperature was aroun 25 to 32 Farenheit) during this week. This morning, started the car. While i was sitting in it to heat it up, it stalled.
I've tried a couple time to restart it but i won't work. The starter turns, the engine turns but it doesn't wanna start at all. Anyone got an idea?

MauditOstie
MauditOstie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:19 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauditOstie
It hasen't been running for 1 week (temperature was aroun 25 to 32 Farenheit) during this week. This morning, started the car. While i was sitting in it to heat it up, it stalled.
I've tried a couple time to restart it but i won't work. The starter turns, the engine turns but it doesn't wanna start at all. Anyone got an idea?

MauditOstie
I do, I do. My idea is that instead of coming on this forum and blurting out your question as though we are your servants, how about introducing yourself. There's even this amazing place called "Introduce Yourself" on this forum.

Beyond that you simply don't give enough usable information to develop an educated guess as to what your vehicular problem is.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #3
MauditOstie
CF Newbie

Thumbs down RE: 1999 Toyota Tercel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I do, I do. My idea is that instead of coming on this forum and blurting out your question as though we are your servants, how about introducing yourself. There's even this amazing place called "Introduce Yourself" on this forum.

Beyond that you simply don't give enough usable information to develop an educated guess as to what your vehicular problem is.

Well you seem a pretty bright and polite guy! Thank you very much for the welcoming word it was so appreciated and very nicely written!!
I would honestly have prefered no answer at all then some comments like such.
I'm asking for something and that's it! Seems you're having a tough time reading since i'm asking a simple question and you took it as if i was ordering your to give me an answer! I'm asking if anyone got an idea on why a fuel injected would stalled all alone after a couple minuter and would not restart at all. Please spare me with your messages next time! I don't like time consuming persons.

MauditOstie
Old 03-01-2004, 09:44 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Well you seem a pretty bright and polite guy! Thank you very much for the welcoming word it was so appreciated and very nicely written!!
I would honestly have prefered no answer at all then some comments like such.
I'm asking for something and that's it! Seems you're having a tough time reading since i'm asking a simple question and you took it as if i was ordering your to give me an answer! I'm asking if anyone got an idea on why a fuel injected would stalled all alone after a couple minuter and would not restart at all. Please spare me with your messages next time! I don't like time consuming persons.

MauditOstie
Well that makes two of us and now I've wasted about ten minutes of my time on you. You seem to have a bit of an attitude for someone new to the forum. And I read just fine.

So where does that leave us. Well, if anyone here can diagnose your problem it's me. But, because you feel your time is better spent being charming instead of helping me to help you, I hope your car never runs again. Have a nice day.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-01-2004, 09:56 PM   #5
MauditOstie
CF Newbie

RE: 1999 Toyota Tercel

Quote:
Well that makes two of us and now I've wasted about ten minutes of my time on you. You seem to have a bit of an attitude for someone new to the forum. And I read just fine.

So where does that leave us. Well, if anyone here can diagnose your problem it's me. But, because you feel your time is better spent being charming instead of helping me to help you, I hope your car never runs again. Have a nice day.

Well i would have love to get help but you politeness amazed me! I don't usually have an attitude unless i'm provoked. I might have overreacted a little bit but your welcoming word was kind of responsible of it.

As for being able to diagnose my problem well i'm happy to see you were the one but it would have like a little bit more friendlyness specially from a moderator.
If you can't/don't wanna try to help me well then what can i do! I'll try to get information elsewhere! Thanks anyway and i just hope you guys aren't like that to all new comers... it's not the best impression i got from a site!

Have a nice one anyway.

MauditOstie
Old 03-01-2004, 10:02 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Well i would have love to get help but you politeness amazed me! I don't usually have an attitude unless i'm provoked. I might have overreacted a little bit but your welcoming word was kind of responsible of it.

As for being able to diagnose my problem well i'm happy to see you were the one but it would have like a little bit more friendlyness specially from a moderator.
If you can't/don't wanna try to help me well then what can i do! I'll try to get information elsewhere! Thanks anyway and i just hope you guys aren't like that to all new comers... it's not the best impression i got from a site!

Have a nice one anyway.

MauditOstie
Please show me where in my first post I said I wouldn't or didn't want to help you. I said you provided insufficient information.

I was polite and friendly and set an expectation for you as a newcomer. The fact that you overreacted is entirely your responsibility, not mine. Sorry if I don't meet your standards.

Old 03-01-2004, 10:27 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

MauditOstie
1. When you say it hasn't been running for a week, do you mean it wouldn't run or you just didn't use the car?
2. Did it start nornally this morning?
3. About how long was it running when it stalled. About what was the ambient temperature this morning.
4. When you turn it over does it sound normal or sluggish.
5. Before it stalled did you have any warning lights on such as check engine, charging system, temperature, etc?
6. What is the year, make, model and engine size?
7. Have you had any repairs done to it recently.
8. How many miles are on the car?

Old 03-02-2004, 02:08 PM   #8
MauditOstie
CF Newbie

Quote:
1. When you say it hasn't been running for a week, do you mean it wouldn't run or you just didn't use the car?
2. Did it start nornally this morning?
3. About how long was it running when it stalled. About what was the ambient temperature this morning.
4. When you turn it over does it sound normal or sluggish.
5. Before it stalled did you have any warning lights on such as check engine, charging system, temperature, etc?
6. What is the year, make, model and engine size?
7. Have you had any repairs done to it recently.
8. How many miles are on the car?

Q:1 - They didn't use the car for about 8 days (they since it's my friends)
Q:2 - It did started normally
Q:3 - About 2 minutes (maybe a little less). Temperature was 34 farenheit, 75% dempness
Q:4 - Sounds Normal
Q:5 - Nope they can't remember seing any lights
Q:6 - 1999 Toyota Tercel, CE 4 door with the standard 4 Cyl engine (1.5l) Q:7 - Nope no repares recently, the car has been bought from a dealer 1 month ago and is still on warranty.
Q:8 - about 35 000 miles

Note i called the garage and the told me to let it rest a couple hours maybe there was too much gas blablabla (i kinda think they tough i was dumb with cars..) anyway
Thanks

Maudit Ostie
Old 03-02-2004, 03:24 PM   #9
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

Finally a clue!!

This is great VWHOBO,

I read through all that other extraneous shit that has been written by our new forum KING in all the previous postings and MY GOD, it seems that "mauditOstie" might FINALLY have gotten the concept of DETAIL presentation when posting a technical question, other than just a "my car won't run" what's wrong with it?" bullshit. I'll be DAMNED! Seems as if perhaps some of the "stupids" out there might FINALLY get a clue after you spell it for them. I am glad the good lord blessed me with more brains than all these people on here for the most part combined.

MauditOstie, let me refer you to a blurb I just wrote the other day referencing this problem you seem to have with comprehension in a nutshell: If after reading this posting you still don't get it and think that you have all the right to come into a place posting non-technical questions and getting pissed off because no one will help you, then , you're dumb as hell. This is from my reply under the "repairs and maintainance" section for the posting entitled "wheel bearings" referencing a problem with an Oldsmobile Alero. You may want to read it and enlighten yourself. Happy reading!!

((One point that I will make for all you people that think VWHOBO is an asshole and arrogant and that come on here with half-assed postings that then turn around when you get a response that is in your opinion "sub-optimal" and get pissed off is this: Working on a car is totally a technical arena. No one, no matter what level of experience and whatnot can fix or repair anything without the correct information to do it. It can be difficult enough to fix the damn things when you have them in your garage, yet alone listening to some grocery store cashier that does not know shit from shinola about cars describe their problems as, "My car goes tick tick kaboom, please tell me what's wrong!!??" This is a dramatization for the most part, but many of you that post in here supply either NO technical information OR you don't HAVE any information and then you get pissed off because people write you smart-assed replies. I am one to tell it straight up and I believe a good 60% of the population in the USA are morons that should be executed, and if you are one of these people I just described, you fit the build. You would not go to a doctor and tell him, gee, i just feel bad, what is wrong with me? He's gonna ask you 50 million questions that you never answered that you could have already addressed for the most part had you had a clue. So if you are just a ****ing stupid dumbass, then I am going to call your bluff just like VWHOBO does, and I have YET to disagree with anything he's written about or to anyone in here. He's helped me numerous times and he knows what he's doing. He can help anyone if you give him useful information. If you're not smart enough to do that, then don't bother staking your claim in here;no one cares.))

Get the point of perhaps WHY the folks in here that have the knowledge might need to know a little more than the MOST BASIC explaination of the problem "My car wont work, please tell me what is wrong??????" Your introduction to the problem was not worth

Quote:
Q:3 - About 2 minutes (maybe a little less). Temperature was 34 farenheit, 75% dempness
Q:6 - 1999 Toyota Tercel, CE 4 door with the standard 4 Cyl engine (1.5l) Q:7 - Nope no repares recently, the car has been bought from a dealer 1 month ago and is still on warranty.

Note i called the garage and the told me to let it rest a couple hours maybe there was too much gas blablabla (i kinda think they tough i was dumb with cars..) anyway
Thanks

Maudit Ostie
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:39 PM   #10
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

True problem:

Oh and by the way, from the below pasted in note you left in your last posting.....I think that basically sums up this case scenario: You don't know shit about cars and made that clear. If a shop told you "to let it rest a couple hours maybe there was too much gas blablabla...." then you clearly misunderstood what they told you and can't even remember the correct details to type in here what they said in the first place, hence the "blah blah blah." If you were interested in the REAL problem, you would have listened to what he told you and retained the information so that you could precisely recant the info on here so that we may be able to help you. Seeing as you did not do this, then you're obviously NOT interested. This being the case, please defer from taking up bandwidth in the future and waisting our knowledge and time on helping you because you don't want to help yourself! I guess you are, to use your words, DUMB WITH CARS, and a few other things. Also I would surmise from your posting that you are probably age 16-20 something.

"The technical" explaination from the tech would have been that by cranking the engine excessively for an extended period of time whereas a "no-start" situation was in place..this may have, in fact, flooded the engine with excess gasoline and therefore, letting it set for a while will allow that problem to slowly disapate so that it will start if it is flooded. If you cannot hang with the big dogs, stay away from here.

Thanks
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:59 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Oh and by the way, from the below pasted in note you left in your last posting.....I think that basically sums up this case scenario: You don't know shit about cars and made that clear. If a shop told you "to let it rest a couple hours maybe there was too much gas blablabla...." then you clearly misunderstood what they told you and can't even remember the correct details to type in here what they said in the first place, hence the "blah blah blah." If you were interested in the REAL problem, you would have listened to what he told you and retained the information so that you could precisely recant the info on here so that we may be able to help you. Seeing as you did not do this, then you're obviously NOT interested. This being the case, please defer from taking up bandwidth in the future and waisting our knowledge and time on helping you because you don't want to help yourself! I guess you are, to use your words, DUMB WITH CARS, and a few other things. Also I would surmise from your posting that you are probably age 16-20 something.

"The technical" explaination from the tech would have been that by cranking the engine excessively for an extended period of time whereas a "no-start" situation was in place..this may have, in fact, flooded the engine with excess gasoline and therefore, letting it set for a while will allow that problem to slowly disapate so that it will start if it is flooded. If you cannot hang with the big dogs, stay away from here.

Thanks
cm, Although I kind of agree with what both you and vwhobo are saying, do you not think you're being a little hard on the poor bloke? I mean for all we know he could have been really nervous about asking in the first place! Not everyone is a technical genious ya know and yes, sometimes people do need a kick up the back side...but TWO posts telling somebody they're thick IMHO aint on..as I said, just my two pence..
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:46 PM   #12
MauditOstie
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
This is great VWHOBO,

I read through all that other extraneous shit that has been written by our new forum KING in all the previous postings and MY GOD, it seems that "mauditOstie" might FINALLY have gotten the concept of DETAIL presentation when posting a technical question, other than just a "my car won't run" what's wrong with it?" bullshit. I'll be DAMNED! Seems as if perhaps some of the "stupids" out there might FINALLY get a clue after you spell it for them. I am glad the good lord blessed me with more brains than all these people on here for the most part combined.

MauditOstie, let me refer you to a blurb I just wrote the other day referencing this problem you seem to have with comprehension in a nutshell: If after reading this posting you still don't get it and think that you have all the right to come into a place posting non-technical questions and getting pissed off because no one will help you, then , you're dumb as hell. This is from my reply under the "repairs and maintainance" section for the posting entitled "wheel bearings" referencing a problem with an Oldsmobile Alero. You may want to read it and enlighten yourself. Happy reading!!

((One point that I will make for all you people that think VWHOBO is an asshole and arrogant and that come on here with half-assed postings that then turn around when you get a response that is in your opinion "sub-optimal" and get pissed off is this: Working on a car is totally a technical arena. No one, no matter what level of experience and whatnot can fix or repair anything without the correct information to do it. It can be difficult enough to fix the damn things when you have them in your garage, yet alone listening to some grocery store cashier that does not know shit from shinola about cars describe their problems as, "My car goes tick tick kaboom, please tell me what's wrong!!??" This is a dramatization for the most part, but many of you that post in here supply either NO technical information OR you don't HAVE any information and then you get pissed off because people write you smart-assed replies. I am one to tell it straight up and I believe a good 60% of the population in the USA are morons that should be executed, and if you are one of these people I just described, you fit the build. You would not go to a doctor and tell him, gee, i just feel bad, what is wrong with me? He's gonna ask you 50 million questions that you never answered that you could have already addressed for the most part had you had a clue. So if you are just a ****ing stupid dumbass, then I am going to call your bluff just like VWHOBO does, and I have YET to disagree with anything he's written about or to anyone in here. He's helped me numerous times and he knows what he's doing. He can help anyone if you give him useful information. If you're not smart enough to do that, then don't bother staking your claim in here;no one cares.))

Get the point of perhaps WHY the folks in here that have the knowledge might need to know a little more than the MOST BASIC explaination of the problem "My car wont work, please tell me what is wrong??????" Your introduction to the problem was not worth

Well i won't start arguing with you since you seems perfectly to mold in the 40% of the so bright persons of the USA!

First i never talked against vwhobo and will not and i cannot tell you if he's good or not since he hasn't helped me yet! He claimed to be able to help me so i'm just happy to hear that!

I just sent a message to see if anyone was ready to help and got a harch answer from him. We explained each other and well i was ok with it and i got his point and understand what he meant so it's over it's done!.
But seems you didn't get the point so please next time stay out of everyone else's business please! If you were really part of this 40% you said, you wouldn't have answer to this thread since you would have got the point that i did something wrong following the forum's unwritten rules and that i tried to fix it! But seems you didn't get nothing from this at all!

And if i put blablabla, is simply because translating from one language to another with car part is not that easy and it doesn't mean i'm dumb with car i just tough it would have been usefull infor to vwhobo!!
How about:
Laisse reposer le char pendant une couples d'heures parce que y doit etre noyé!
If you're so bright you'll be able to translater all that by yourself stie de pousse crote et licheux d'anus!!

Enjoy! Crisse de cave qui connais rien pis qui se sacre le nez pas dans ses affaires...
Old 03-02-2004, 04:50 PM   #13
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

you're ignorant

Listen Maudit,

I don't give a damn about you and your feelings of hostility when you come into this chatroom. Oh my god, these people are ruuuude to me!! WHO CARES!!!! Get some tougher skin.....you won't make it for five minutes in here otherwise. I made a point to back up VWHOBO and if you think I am an axxhole for it, then have at it s*&tstick. Truth be known, I just called your bluff and that pisses you off. I'm sorry if that upsets you. I am a type "A" all the way to the bank bud and I did not get to the position I am in by putting up with BS. I eliminate it when I see it, AKA, YOU!

People come into this chatroom all the time posing question that make no sence and take up our time...AND when corrected they say, "oh god you were so rude and I don't appreciate being told that my postings are worthless and I'm offended." I get so sick or dealing with stupid people and I will call them out on it every time. Anyone is welcome to post a message in here for help. I don't think that it is too much to ask for some technical information. What happened to your common sense? Oh wait, It flew out your mouth when you opened it saying your first words!

You talk about me being the one with an intelligence problem. Six months ago I just took a professionally administer IQ test and receive a score of 168. Where do you fit in? I guess that is why I am the Asst VP of Technology Operations at age 26 for my company right? I also make over 100K a year. But, I am sure that you do something like medicine or law and do better right? What a joke you are!!! Also, I am not in the business of translating some misc. BS french to english for you in a car technical chat room. First off, there is no real continuity in what you typed in french as far as an english translation. Translate this:

Quote:
Well i won't start arguing with you since you seems perfectly to mold in the 40% of the so bright persons of the USA!

First i never talked against vwhobo and will not and i cannot tell you if he's good or not since he hasn't helped me yet! He claimed to be able to help me so i'm just happy to hear that!

I just sent a message to see if anyone was ready to help and got a harch answer from him. We explained each other and well i was ok with it and i got his point and understand what he meant so it's over it's done!.
But seems you didn't get the point so please next time stay out of everyone else's business please! If you were really part of this 40% you said, you wouldn't have answer to this thread since you would have got the point that i did something wrong following the forum's unwritten rules and that i tried to fix it! But seems you didn't get nothing from this at all!

And if i put blablabla, is simply because translating from one language to another with car part is not that easy and it doesn't mean i'm dumb with car i just tough it would have been usefull infor to vwhobo!!
How about:
If you're so bright you'll be able to translater all that by yourself stie de pousse crote et licheux d'anus!!

Enjoy! Crisse de cave qui connais rien pis qui se sacre le nez pas dans ses affaires...

Old 03-02-2004, 05:08 PM   #14
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
How about:

Oh my...someones anus must be a little sore...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 04:02 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

Thanks

Maudit Ostie
Okay, if the garage you called said to let the car rest for a few hours because there might be too much gas, never ever go to that garage again. That car, like most cars with FI engines, has a "flooded start" mode where you simply hold the accelerator to the floor while cranking. This signals the PCM to not fire the injectors thereby clearing the flooded condition.

Knowing if any lights came came on is fairly critical or at least helpful, but we'll press on without it. Have you checked for spark while cranking? Have you checked fuel pressure? Are you sure it has gas in the tank? laugh if you will but if seen plenty of cars come in on my rollback, no start, no gas, no shit.

The last question I have for you is this. You stated the car is still under warranty, so why not just let the dealer fix it and cut out everyhing in between?