Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
0SilverMustang3
CF Newbie

Question 03 Mustang

Just wondering, if the speakers in the doors are custom or stock, and the wires in the trunk, can i hook up a sound system to them? like an amplifier and two subwoofers?

bought the car used, so i dont know if all of this came stock or if it was custom.

thanks
-Mike
0SilverMustang3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0SilverMustang3

Just wondering, if the speakers in the doors are custom or stock, and the wires in the trunk, can i hook up a sound system to them? like an amplifier and two subwoofers?

bought the car used, so i dont know if all of this came stock or if it was custom.

thanks
-Mike

Look stock. GT right? Mach 460 sound system?

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #3
0SilverMustang3
CF Newbie

yup, it is the mach
0SilverMustang3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0SilverMustang3
yup, it is the mach

Thought so, chances are if it looks stock ti is stock, unless I'm mistaken the 460 comes with 8 diff speakers all around it and it looks stock to me, if you still aren't sure either someone will eventually come on who knows mroe about audio systems and will tell you, adn everything else you need to know.(also you can google interior pics of stangs and compare to yours juss to make sure its stock) but I'm almost positive it is.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Thought so, chances are if it looks stock ti is stock, unless I'm mistaken the 460 comes with 8 diff speakers all around it and it looks stock to me, if you still aren't sure either someone will eventually come on who knows mroe about audio systems and will tell you, adn everything else you need to know.(also you can google interior pics of stangs and compare to yours juss to make sure its stock) but I'm almost positive it is.
The MAch 460 consists of...

Three amps, one 2x30rms amp for powering the four 2.5" midranges (7.5rms per speaker) and two 2x40rms amps powering four Ford 6x8 (really 5.5x7.5) woofers (40rms per speaker).
His 6disc changer head unit is made by Visteon (some crappy company...). The regular CD player is made by Sony.

The MAch 1000 is the same as the MAch 460 only it adds two 10" woofers in the trunk powered by four 40x2 rms amps (160rms per speaker).

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:20 AM   #6
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

deff stock lol

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Look stock. GT right? Mach 460 sound system?

You'd have to take off the speaker grills to see if they are stock speakers or not. No way of telling without looking. The guy before you must of had an amp on the truck, because I see power/ground wires. He just decided to take the amp out and leave the wires.

Take off the panels and see if it's stock speakers or not. Then we can take it from there.

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-11-2005, 03:42 AM   #8
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
because I see power/ground wires.
How you can tell? Do you have x-ray see the other end of the cable glasses? You could use those cables for anything (not that they'd handle high freq signals real well).

.... Sorry, I'm just messing with you I know it's 1 in a million that they're not power/earth, but I saw an opportunity because you just heckled someone else for making assumptions
Old 10-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #9
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
How you can tell? Do you have x-ray see the other end of the cable glasses? You could use those cables for anything (not that they'd handle high freq signals real well).

.... Sorry, I'm just messing with you I know it's 1 in a million that they're not power/earth, but I saw an opportunity because you just heckled someone else for making assumptions

I wasn't assuming anything. I know those are power/ground cables. Looks to be 4ga. Looks like also a remote turn on lead. You can not only tell those are power/ground cables by their size but also their connectors.

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-11-2005, 11:38 PM   #10
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I wasn't assuming anything. I know those are power/ground cables. Looks to be 4ga. Looks like also a remote turn on lead. You can not only tell those are power/ground cables by their size but also their connectors.
Incorrect .... I could use those cables and connectors to hook up a central locking system, or a video camera ... or anything else for that matter. They might be intended to be audio power cables, but let's face it, a cable's just a bit of twisted metal for electrons to move along. And the connector is just a way to join two bits of metal so the electrons can jump across.

So yes, you were assuming. A good assumption, but still an assumption.