Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
lamboluver
CF Newbie
 
lamboluver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Posts: 72
new wrx sti

I want to know peoples thoughts on the new sti
lamboluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Lets just say the older body style looks better. This new one may be faster, but the older one looks classier
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:25 PM   #3
lamboluver
CF Newbie
 
lamboluver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: East Wenatchee, WA
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Lets just say the older body style looks better. This new one may be faster, but the older one looks classier

i personaly dont like the new body style either
lamboluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:46 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
If GM wasn't taking more charge of Subaru their vehicles wouldn't be getting uglier (all started with the B9 Tribeca, or Subaru Trailblazer). After the B9 they decided to put the hideous grill on the new WRX STi and WRX. Bad move, stop obeying GM, Subaru!
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:24 PM   #5
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Not a fan of the snub nose
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:57 PM   #6
skyline7042
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 53
i think the new sti is an all around bad ass car but i still like the skyline better
skyline7042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:58 PM   #7
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline7042
i think the new sti is an all around bad ass car but i still like the skyline better
Well no one said "what do you like better, an STI or a Skyline" now did they
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:53 PM   #8
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline7042
i think the new sti is an all around bad ass car but i still like the skyline better

So you'd rather have a G35 coupe over an STi? Interesting choice. I would probably take the G35 over the STi too.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:02 AM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
300 horsepower, 0-60 in under five seconds...definately nice figures, but the hood looks different...not bad, just different. I like the old look better, but I'd take this one too
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #10
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
If GM wasn't taking more charge of Subaru their vehicles wouldn't be getting uglier (all started with the B9 Tribeca, or Subaru Trailblazer). After the B9 they decided to put the hideous grill on the new WRX STi and WRX. Bad move, stop obeying GM, Subaru!
Thank god GM just sold thier 20% of Fuji Heavy Industries.

I think the new STI (they capitalized the last letter now..) sucks. Yes, you heard STIMan, SUCKS! Ok, maybe thats a little harsh... lol. I really dont like the new looks, dont like the fact that the engine hasnt changed (its a great engine, dont get me wrong, but it should get boosted), dont like the fact that its 0-60 times are .6 secs slower (2005- 4.5 secs (R&T); New one- 5.1 secs (C&D) dont bust my balls for the different mags, I am ranting and wont look up C&D's 2005 ), and most certainly dont like the fact that the new Evo (a great car) is quicker, and considered better by C&D. I think Subaru screwed up, I just hope they can fix it soon...

Ugg.............
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:05 AM   #11
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Thats funny. MT went with the STI as the winner. Hmm...now what does that say about mags?

Also, i may be wrong but i believe the EJ internals are now forged? If so then it should be able to bring some serious competition to the 4G63.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:17 AM   #12
Sgt. Pepper
CF Enthusiast
 
Sgt. Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 110
I personally dont like the front of the new one and I am certain it wont grow on me.
__________________


Sgt. Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:15 AM   #13
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
Thats funny. MT went with the STI as the winner. Hmm...now what does that say about mags?

Also, i may be wrong but i believe the EJ internals are now forged? If so then it should be able to bring some serious competition to the 4G63.

There's one thing the EJ can never compete with the 4g63T at. Turbo lag. The EJ has noticeably more lag when you get higher and horsepower cranking the boost. I've been in a stock turbo 400awhp Evo VIII and it exhibited very little lag compraed to a very midly modded STi I know of. You can thank all that lag due to the extrenously long exhaust manifold (and bendy) the STi has (and most aftermarket pieces are just as bad).
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:30 AM   #14
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
There's one thing the EJ can never compete with the 4g63T at. Turbo lag. The EJ has noticeably more lag when you get higher and horsepower cranking the boost. I've been in a stock turbo 400awhp Evo VIII and it exhibited very little lag compraed to a very midly modded STi I know of. You can thank all that lag due to the extrenously long exhaust manifold (and bendy) the STi has (and most aftermarket pieces are just as bad).

I can't comment, never ridden an Evo, only modded STis.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:30 AM   #15
silvia_star
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboluver
I want to know peoples thoughts on the new sti

looks nicer and more aggressive then the older ones.
silvia_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.